Thread: Bumper off, Hitch on! :)

Bumper off, Hitch on! :)

I have been to 4 shops in the local area. I was told the Curt hitch wasn't made for my car, the shop couldn't handle the work, and that it wasn't possible to do it. I had it done in about 3 hours work total, by myself, and I had to go buy some tools. Ha. Real mechanics around here. One was a U-Haul shop, specializing in hitch installs. U-Haul even once made a hitch for the VX. I laugh at them! Mwah-hahaha!!!!

But anyways, it was some chore getting the rear bumper off. I took some pictures and was going to do a little write-up on it incase anyone else was wondering how the rear bumper came off/how to install a (non-Tone) style hitch. I can't figure out how to upload pictures into a thread to do it though. Is there a trick to this? Much harder than getting the bumper off..

Do they go in my gallery first and then into here? I think like 1 picture file size exceeds the file size limit though (12 MP camera)....Help, please?

had the same question a few weeks ago ldubs gave me this link and in minutes pics were posted

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...egory&cid=7#38

hope that helps
    Last edited by mantis465 : 10/30/2011 at 05:25 PM

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Imagine that, "professional" mechanics without a clue, who'd a thunk it? Congrats on a job well done yourself!! The U-Haul hitch was made by Curt, by-the-way...As to the rear bumper cover, I haven't even had that off yet. Good job!
    Vixer Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by mantis465 View Post

This link isn't working...?

sorry should work know

Here's the instructions.
    You could also upload your pics to a photo hosting site like "photobucket" or "picasaweb" and then attach an image link to each picture.

HOW TO UPLOAD PICS TO YOUR GALLERY:

~To add pics, you first have to "upload" them to your "gallery".

~Go to "Gallery" and click..it's located along the blue horizontal strip toward the top of the page, and it's the second item from the left.

~Then click "Gallery links"...which is also on that blue horizontal border, 7th from the left side. When the list lights up, scroll down to the "Upload Photos" and click.

~Then the screen will show up where you can attach up to 5 pics at a time from your gallery. Look for "Choose file" button, click, and then find the pic on your computer.

~After you've selected up to 5, scroll down about 4 inches and click white button "Upload/Submit". Takes about a minute or so to do it.

~then there's another screen that comes up where you can add text to describe picture/s...than click submit button.

ONCE YOU'VE UPLOADED THE PICS TO YOUR GALLERY....HOW TO ATTACH THEM TO A POST:

~If adding to an existing post of yours:
    Go to your post and hit the "Edit" button toward the bottom of the first post.

~Then hit the white "go advanced" button on the bottom of the post.

~Then on the right side you should see a small gray box titled "My pics" and inside the box there will be the words "Open" in blue letters. Click "open".

~That will take you to your gallery and you just click on which pictures you want to upload to the post.

~In the body of the post -Hit a "return/enter" after each picture you attach. Otherwise it doesn't always space the pictures correctly.

****NOTE**** Sometimes, clicking on the picture you want does NOT make it (well, the code language) show up in the box where you are editing. I don't know why this happens, but if it does, I just wait an hour or so and start all over, and it usually works then.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Breezy,

Had similar experience with U-Haul years ago when I needed to put a hitch on an Eclipse. They had one but the installer just couldn't get'r done. I ended up doing most of the work for him.

The easiest way I've come up with doing a How2 is to create it in MicroSoft Word (including pictures). Then when done, save it as a pdf. A pdf can be inserted into forum threads or submitted to the How2 section. I like a pdf version so that I can print a copy to take outside with me when doing the work.

IIRC, Tone's writeup on the hitch install was fairly detailed about the rear cladding removal. I'll see if I can find it & post it here for future reference.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Here's Tone's How2. Couldn't find it in the How2 section.