Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Advice Needed - Afraid to Turn / Rollover

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VXobsession View Post
    Wow...I didn't expect all the sensitivity from the hardcore VX zombie apocolypse survivalists...

...guys, seriously, am I REALLY getting flack because I'm the one person on here that acknowledges the rally-racing aspect of our VXs instead of talking nonstop about rock crawling at 2 mph? Yes, its versatility is kinda endless, which is why it made the zombie survival vehicle list....but at least give me some credit for getting out there and using my VX for SOMETHING it likes to do, verses driving it like a car with Miss Daisy in the backseat...
    Yes neo...you are "the one"...

When you drive it hard enough to egg out the mounting holes for the drag links, gimmie a shout...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ghlight=waggly

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    ...or zombies ( please! STFU...thats stupid...sorry Dub!)

I think of it as more of an "art car"...not a lifestyle choice...

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    Why do u guys have to be ********.....I didn't say anything negative about the VX or point my finger at either one of u. I was simply replying to one single line the guy said about wanting a "sports car feeling". I was only trying to explain to him that if u know how to drive one, it DOES corner like a sports car.

And yes, I DO think the VXs want and need to stretch their legs.....one of the absolute few reasons it rock crawls so well is just because its short. U could add all these mods to a lot of different vehicles and get the same results but I can't think of one other SUV that u can corner with like the VX.

.....I seriously liked it here.....its the only place I could talk VX with other people. So why the hateful/sarcastic backlash....?

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I can think of lots of SUVs that can corner BETTER than the vx.........BMW X6, mercedes ml amg, Audi.....they just cost a lot more $$$
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

As someone who agrees that the "rock-crawling = VX true mission in life" statements are pretty dubious, but also as someone preparing to do some of that myself (), I will offer up that VXobsession, one (1) person replied to your comment in a negative way, to which you made a huge deal about being the one person, yada yada yada.

I agree with you (at least about the more accurate description of the VX's designed purpose) but I'm just saying come off it a bit.

Are they AWD?

Come off it a bit? I wasn't the one being a prick.

And I didn't make a huge deal out of anything. I said I was the "one" person who respects the racing aspect of our VXs....I only said that one time. And I said it because no one else ever talks about it. I did feel like I'm the only one here that feels that way. Dub and the whore are the ones that made this a big deal with being so rude.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I think the deal here is that a lot of us are original owners and have done everything already with the vx, 10+ years ago, I ralley crossed min once and just didn't like the roughness or wearing a damn helmet, so they might just come off a little more defensive to a relatively newbie is all I think this is.........live and let live everyone!

Wink

And I didn't make a huge deal out of anything. I said I was the "one" person who respects the racing aspect of our VXs....I only said that one time. And I said it because no one else ever talks about it. I did feel like I'm the only one here that feels that way. Dub and the whore are the ones that made this a big deal with being so rude.
    It's all about perspective son...

Sorry you consider a reply that you didn't like, to be rude...

Some may consider an activity that they enjoy, being referred to as "driving miss daisy", to be very rude indeed...

Also, others may find it awfully rude if some young hotshot , who thinks he (or she) is the only one to consider the fact that the VX corners well, starts popp'n off about "the hardcore VX zombie/survivalist crowd".

"but never pointed the finger at anyone in particular"

It's roughly the equivalent of strolling into a biker bar, saying how harleys & all american made bikes suck...

FWIW...I don't recall anyone ever saying that rock crawling was the end all & be all sole purpose of the VX......though more than a few have found it to be very satisfactory when taken off road.

But maybe try re-reading some of your posts, while pretending you don't know who posted them, to see if they don't sound a bit rude.

"am I REALLY getting flack because I'm the one person on here that acknowledges the rally-racing aspect of our VXs instead of talking nonstop about rock crawling at 2 mph? "

I think Coastie & Gussie & a few others who are into the rally aspect of the VX, might find it a bit rude...since they've been talking about it for years.

Do a little research, & some day you can maybe add your name to the list of those that have gone before, who have rallied/rally crossed/raced their VX's.

Tone (RIP), Vx crazy, Joe Black, & Heraclid are just a few that come to mind.

Again...
    Last edited by Ldub : 02/20/2012 at 03:44 PM

Come off it a bit? I wasn't the one being a prick.
    Um, nope, not cool to say that on this site.

Back on topic....this "community" of VXers, by and large, are very polite and respectful of each members tastes and mods. We can politely say we don't care for x, y or z mod, but not bash it and imply it's wrong to do it or imply it's stupid. It happens all the time, really it does.

Some don't like CoastieCosta's yellow headlights, some laugh at my sissy plastic skid plates ( JO...) , kat paw print decals, and all my purple stuff inside, some laugh at Dub's skull and zombie stuff and his virtual hardware store in the back, some don't like VXorado's chopped back door with spare, and many think Triathlete is crazy the way he drives on rocks and such, we ALL scoff and laugh at Tom4Bren's rear tire mount and wide tires...(aka OFH) , and the best example....look how much we criticized Marlin's "frankenbumper"........he was great about it, and we're all still buddies with no hard feelings.

It's always harder to communicate your intent with just written words, and no voice inflection or facial gestures, etc...so I think, and I think several others do too, that your typed words came off a bit sharp.

I see you're coming to Moab in May....so I guess you're maybe thinking you might at least try some "rock crawling"????
    Let me share some insight...I DON'T ROCK CRAWL....MOST OF US DON'T ROCK CRAWL. ....(Well, except for maybe Billy, Dumke, BigMeat, and a few others ...and some just get ROCK STUCK not CRAWL... ....)

I go on easier trails, that have less chance of damage....because I can't get mine lifted, I can't repair things myself, I don't live close enough to LDub to fix whatever and I'm not rich enough to pay someone else to fix it....yet I totally enjoy every single minute of the trip. As Dub said a few days ago, basically some of us would get together in Moab even if all the trails were closed. It's really a great gang and we all have a bunch-o-fun. ....and believe it or not, part of that fun is discussing and debating stuff when there's differences of opinion....

So, bottom line, to each his own....let everybody enjoy their VX any way they choose to.

Look forward to meeting you in Moab this year. You'll have a great time, it's so spectacularly beautiful there.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Wait a minute! People think I am crazy?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Wait a minute! People think I am crazy?
    Gezzin' I shoulda juz said "me thinks" you crazy....but it's great fun to watch!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Not warning you about the dribbbbly sauce on the burgers....

.... would of been 'rude' !

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sue, those are probably some of my tamer antics