Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Advice Needed - Afraid to Turn / Rollover

5x5, Dub. But I'm not worrying about rollin' her, I'm just saying this tracking problem is something that's NOT the same way it was back when I bought her. It's downright white-knuckle inducing. And this from a guy who's no stranger to stiff suspensions and extremely hard driving, trust me.

I swear, if I hit an icy patch and bumps? It's gonna be over. And IHaveVXParts will have a new wreck to part out. You all wouldn't want that now, would you? (Would you?)

-V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    (Would you?)

-V
    Ummmmm...no!

Wrench yaw yaw yaw...yaw...yaw...(busta rhymes)

NOW I get what you're talk'n about Ven...

Here ya go...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ghlight=waggly

Would you...?

Dub, that's not quiiiiiite what I'm talking about, but it could be a contributing factor, so I will certainly have it looked at when I get to the shop. Imagine what you were experiencing, probably as or even more dramatic, but only when you hit a rough patch in the road.

-V

Would you...?

Dub, that's not quiiiiiite what I'm talking about, but it could be a contributing factor, so I will certainly have it looked at when I get to the shop. Imagine what you were experiencing, probably as or even more dramatic, but only when you hit a rough patch in the road.

-V
    I'm digg'n it Bro, one thing that I forgot to post in the orig thread...going over a bump inna road @ hwy speed, would cause the rear to pitch back & forth, & continue to do so until I backed off the skinny.

Talking

Would you...?

yaw yaw yaw...yaw...yaw...

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    Quote Originally Posted by B@bydd33 View Post
    hi All -

a VX that can take a corner like a lower small sports compact without buying wider tires and/or lowering. BTW, i have all stock parts.

thanks for any help!
    Just for the record, I have an all-stock VX with no lift or lowering, no big wide tires, just normal street tires. I think the problem a lot of people have who are new to the VX is that they just don't know how to drive one. It is shorter than anything you've probably ever driven, other than a tiny car. I've never off roaded mine, except for the occasional dirt road. Mine is technically my street runner. There are roads here in Arkansas that are so curvy, I'm talking about 20 mph curves....and I've taken those curves at 60. I've taken 45 mph curves at 90. This magnificent vehicle is the most amazing thing I've ever driven, as long as you're a driver and not just an operator. STAY IN THE TROTTLE. That's the trick. NEVER brake around corners. If you do, you'll surely feel the ***** of it wanting to throw you off the road. Brake before them if you need to slow a little, but hit the gas going around them. Take the weight off the front....you will feel the weight shift. This IS a sports car, regardless of how many of you lift, throw on huge tires, and grunt around on big rocks. This thing was made for rally racing, not rock crawling...that's why it has TOD. I've not seen one VX member on here that actually uses theirs for its truest purpose. I feel like they're all held back and prevented from stretching their legs....like caged lions. I would say "all" but I'm just gonna say "some", of you have no idea what your VX's are capable of....

VXO, you're completely right about the VX's capabilities. And this is coming from a guy who had NO problems cruising up the NYS Thruway at 2am doing a buck, a buck-10. Bumps, potholes, no problem.

But this is assuming that nothing's mechanically wrong with the suspension. What I'm experiencing, and I suspect some others also, is that something has deteriorated over the past few years, resulting in dramatically reduced ride stability.

So while your advise is good, it should only be applied to VX's that are in known-good condition. I'm an owner for more than 11 years now. My VX and I are quite familiar with one another, and I'm telling you - what I'm experiencing is NOT by design.

-V
    Last edited by Vendetta : 02/18/2012 at 03:30 PM

V, u are right about making sure the VX is sound. I was just throwing in my 2 cents after he opened the door for me with his sports car comment

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    WOW...thats a statement.......

Quote Originally Posted by VXobsession View Post
    I would say "all" but I'm just gonna say "some", of you have no idea what your VX's are capable of....
    Well shucks.......I'll just continue to drive it to the rocks...

.......like the true SUV it is.

Then I'll "grunt around on some big rocks"..and drive it home...

...... like the true SUV it is.

And frankly, if the VX is really the "most amazing thing" you've ever driven...

..you've got some more to do!!

IMO..a large part of the beauty of the VX, is its inherent versatility...
    .....its chameleon like qualities, that allow it to be many things...

....to many people.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wink

I think a guy told me once..."opinions look like * "

or was it "asterisks look like opinions"...

no wait, it was "my cats opinion looks like an asterisk"... *

Yeah, I think that was it......

everybody has an asterisk...yeh, I think that was it...

(*)

B@bydd.....
    I cut my rear bump stops in half and the ride is so much better. It gave me more clearance and helped with the road bumps. I would say to try it.
    Mychael

Wow...I didn't expect all the sensitivity from the hardcore VX zombie apocolypse survivalists...

...guys, seriously, am I REALLY getting flack because I'm the one person on here that acknowledges the rally-racing aspect of our VXs instead of talking nonstop about rock crawling at 2 mph? Yes, its versatility is kinda endless, which is why it made the zombie survival vehicle list....but at least give me some credit for getting out there and using my VX for SOMETHING it likes to do, verses driving it like a car with Miss Daisy in the backseat...

This IS a sports car, regardless of how many of you lift, throw on huge tires, and grunt around on big rocks. This thing was made for rally racing, not rock crawling...that's why it has TOD. I've not seen one VX member on here that actually uses theirs for its truest purpose. I feel like they're all held back and prevented from stretching their legs....like caged lions.....
    I agree. I love driving it like a SPORTS car and thats why I bought it. The best of ALL worlds.... For those who love to off road or those, like US that like to drive it like a true sports car..

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Oh please...

Wow...I didn't expect all the sensitivity from the hardcore VX zombie apocolypse survivalists...

...guys, seriously, am I REALLY getting flack because I'm the one person on here that acknowledges the rally-racing aspect of our VXs instead of talking nonstop about rock crawling at 2 mph? Yes, its versatility is kinda endless, which is why it made the zombie survival vehicle list....but at least give me some credit for getting out there and using my VX for SOMETHING it likes to do, verses driving it like a car with Miss Daisy in the backseat...
    ...you really think you are "the one person"....

OMG

I wish..I dream...of having your hutzpa to make such statements.

It has NOTHING to do with "sensitivity"....OR.. Miss Daisy..(WTF?)...or zombies ( please! STFU...thats stupid...sorry Dub!)

May I suggest...you come drive a few thousand miles, In Sports Car style OF COURSE!.. then put YOUR VX to the test...Yea?

Out corner me...( OR many OTHERS..) ...on the way to one of the best burgers you'll ever eat.

Then...lets chat.

And JBTW...you will dribble the burger sauce.!!

So...dont sport anything white!

jo
    Last edited by JoFotoz : 02/19/2012 at 03:12 AM