Thread: Mickey Thompson's?

Mickey Thompson's?

I bought some old wheels and tires off SCUDD a few months back so I can swap out my shoes for winter and offroad. The tires don't look like they will make it 10 miles before getting blisters between tneir toes, so I am looking for some new ones. Did some shopping around the net last night for some 31x11.5/15 Mickey Thompson Baja HPs and found a couple of sites. Prices ranged from about $145 - $165 a tire. I remember the last MT's I bought, they were $128 a tire, but I can't remember for the life of me where that was now.

SO.... does anyone have any advice for a place that sells THESE particular tires cheaper or perhaps even another manufacturer with a similar tread that isn't gonna break the wallet? Thanks!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Hate to reply to my own thread, but I JUST happened across this place....

http://eastcoastoffroad.com/index.html

They have MT's listed for about $127!! Not too bad at all. 4 will run me just over $500. I may have to go with this place.

A couple of questions concerning wheel and tire size. SCUDD had these wheels (15x8) and tires (31x11.5/15) on his VX and said they worked fine. Not that I dont trust him since i have seen pics of them on his VX (now belonging to ScubaSteve), but is anyone else using this size config on their VX? If so, anything I should know about using a 15 compared to an 18?

i'm driving on them

I like the look, but they are kinda loud on the road. I paid $865 out the door. I then had to spend another $100 for alignment and balancing later that week. Still working on pics though. They have a series that might be a little more expensive that are supposed to be a little quieter. Alos the new version is the Godzilla. I have the Claws. I got them from Arandas Wheel and Tire in Chicago. Erny is the owner and he drives a VX also so he would be some kind of help for those looking for tires. But, I think he mostly fits for looks rather than specifics. He put on MTs the same day as I did. Though he put on 35s on 17" rims. His ride will just always look cooler than mine.
    Hotwheels™ toy come to life.
    www.doubleadesign.com

price

i know i overpaid but i wanted to make sure i got tires that would fit 100% so i wouldn't be stuck with 4 tires i could not use.

The only tradeoff you will have with 15" rims is less steering response due to more distance between road and wheel. But if they are for foul weather and/or offroad, they should suit the task better.