Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Its the last day of the month....

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    HOW ON EARTH was that misconstrued as me being concerned...
    Geez, now I have to explain THAT too? This looks more and more hopeless by the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    Ok, this is tiresome... Y33TREKker, you can have the last say so, if you get in before I close the thread. We're scaring the children!
    I agree, it has been tiresome. But what's scary is that it appears as if you're now singling me out as being the only person who has been responsible for contributing to the continuation of this fiasco.

So speaking of children, you're obviously entitled to have your favorites (most "parents" do even if they never really admit to it), but in my experience, when you do it, who you side with says just as much about you as it does the "child".

I have no misconceptions here, I'm well aware that you allowing me to have the final say in this thread clearly illustrates that you obviously have the final say on your site. But as you're considering the importance of the funding that helps you keep this site operational, I'd simply ask that you also consider the overall attitude you're promoting for this site by siding with who you do, and whether that attitude is the type that makes others view this site as "worth" continuing to visit. As I said in this thread before, just because I've been one of the few in these threads voicing disgust at the tactics of salesmanship employed by some when requesting donations, the personal emails I've received from others illustrates that I'm not alone in that disgust.

In the end though, no one is claiming otherwise, the final choice of whether to shoot the messenger regarding how others promote your site for you is of course yours. Thanks for all you do.

You HAVE to be kidding me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

FWIW I'd be willing to sign up to pay more each year if it meant threads like this weren't allowed to continue in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Ohhhh I'm really cutting it close then!

I wasn't singling you out as the only person responisble for continuing this mess, I was actually giving you the final say with no regards to the message that you may bring before I closed the thread.

If I "side" with the "children" as in your definition, I would have chosen someone else to have the final say.

My definition of "Children" in that statement was/is the newer members of the forum. Hence, "we're scaring the children."

If you haven't seen by now, I do not choose sides. I am as neutral in these, and the other "debate" threads as I can be and look forward to not participating. Being in active law enforcemnt, I know the problems that it brings when a public figure brings his own opinions and views into battle. Me being the enforcment of this site fairs no different.

The only time I "side" is when someone is getting picked on unfairly and/or unwarranted. I could have chosen to close this thread long, long ago but, I encourage people to debate by not giving direction within said thread. How else will things every get settled between opposing forces. There are times when no one can or will digress and the argument goes on forever with no productive resolve so, then I take action.

I do however, defend myself and/or the site. Therefore, I post my opinion of the situation and reply accordingly. I don't arbitrarily go around posting or closing threads and deleting post so as to only show one side of anything. Yes, I do have final say if I so choose (Only stands to reason, I am the admin) but, can you or anyone else, ever recall me pulling that privilege to further an agenda other than maintaining peace and order.

Outside of the censor, and enforcing the rules of the site, I wait for public opinion to come forth when It comes to dealing with matters. And even then, I weigh whether it warrants action according to the rules of the site.

So, now I will have the final say.

There are folks that like to promote that there is an opportunitty to make a site donation, how you read and understand said promotion is up to you.

There are folks that like to call out the folks that like to promote the opportunity to make a site donation, how you read and understand the calling out is up to you.

There is no pressure, there is no standard and there is no judgement from the controllers of this site (Me and anyone else having more than moderation abilities), to take part or not take part in an opportunity to make a site donation.

I will be ammending the site to acknowledge the difference between "Site Subscription" whereas you recieve extra benefits as layed out in the "Support VX.info" link and an actual financial donation whereas you as the donor expects nothing in return. During this thread I realized my bad.

My apologies for allowing this thread to go forever and sink like the Titanic.
    Scott / moncha.com