Thread: American Racing Chambers 286-398589583

Question American Racing Chambers 286-398589583

I love the way that the American Racing Chambers w/ teflon look but I cannot find anywhere whether any of the 18" sized ones would fit the vehicross. The models I'm looking at in particular are "286-398589583" 18x9.50. The problem is I do not know much about Offset / backspacing for vehicross rims. I see most go with "0" offset or some w/ positive offset. This rim has listed as having -19mm offset. Does anyone know if they'll fit / look strange???

Thanks in advance to any replies.
    Last edited by espidus : 09/28/2011 at 08:02 AM Reason: forgot to thank

I have the 16 Chambers and I think they are 0 offset. I would think the 18s would also come in a 0 offset. I can't imagine they wouldn't fit, but without a lift you will be running rubber bands for tires most likely.

Bart
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 09/28/2011 at 09:22 AM

I love your rims. I got the idea to get them after viewing yours in the posts, just that the tires i ordered are for 18 inch rims ( Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5R18 ), I know they'll mount nice on the AR Chamber 18's but im not sure how they'll fit on my VX with the listed offset of "-19mm" ( maybe its due to the difference of rim width as theyre 9.5" wide instead of yours which are 8" ). I checked and they do not seem to be availiable in a "0" offset. Any ideas guys? Thanks for the reply, and awsome VX ( whered you get the chromed front lip?

Quote Originally Posted by espidus View Post
    whered you get the chromed front lip?
    ? Chromed from lip??? Not sure what you are talking about there....

As for the -19mm offset, most likely they will fit fine as long as you have the right bolt pattern and you are ordering rims that are made for Japanese vehicles with the larger center bore, meaning, make sure the rims you order are for Toyota, Nissan, etc. Then you know right away they will fit if they are 6x5.5 bolt pattern. If you order the 6x5.5 for Chevys and GMC trucks they will not fit because the center bore is too small.

Your -19mm offset I think will bring the wheels in a bit, but they should still fit fine. You local tire shop should be able to tell you.

Bart

In your sig, the pic to the left of the close up of the front looks like it has a chrome lip above the fangs....
    Anyways, the link to the rim:
    http://www.jegs.com/i/American-Racin...oductId=837889

Im not sure about the center bore, I figure it should be the same as yours being the same rim, same bolt pattern just diff. size ( cant be 100% sure of course ).

Yup, if you look at the complete list, you will notice another set of 19"s that are listed with 6x5.5 and it says "GM Trucks", those are the ones you DO NOT want. So I think you are right with the PN 286-398589583. Strange, no 16"s in our size listed???

There is no chrome lip, that is just a light reflection.

Bart

I used this site to compare wheels specs to see how they would fit compared to stock, or compared to other members setups if I have good pictures and specs from them.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

I also love the Chambers and was looking at their 15's on Jegs site, but I think that with the -19 offset they would stick outside the wheel wells to much, at least from how I understand the comparison from stock to that setup.

Yeah, I can never remeber is the +/- offset sucks the wheels in or pushes them out...

Bart

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by espidus View Post
    I love your rims. I got the idea to get them after viewing yours in the posts, just that the tires i ordered are for 18 inch rims ( Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5R18 ), I know they'll mount nice on the AR Chamber 18's but im not sure how they'll fit on my VX with the listed offset of "-19mm" ( maybe its due to the difference of rim width as theyre 9.5" wide instead of yours which are 8" ). I checked and they do not seem to be availiable in a "0" offset. Any ideas guys? Thanks for the reply, and awsome VX ( whered you get the chromed front lip?
    Are you lifted already? If not, you'll need to be lifted quite a bit to clear those 35's. There are a couple VX's out there running them, so it is possible.

Thank you for that site. I made these comparisons against my stock setup and new and between a "0" offset and the "-19" offset that the rims i want have. Any comments or thought about fitment?

Last edited by espidus : 09/28/2011 at 02:36 PM Reason: bad image link

-19 offset and a 9.5" wide rim is going to make your rim stick waaaay out.

These wheels stick out 139.5mm (about 5.4") from the face of the hub.

Factory wheels are 7" wide with a +38 offset.. they stick out 51mm (about 2") from the face of the hub

What does this mean for you?

you will have a very wide arc while turning the steering wheel. they will not fit at factory height with any sort of oversized tire. factory size tires will not fit on a rim that wide. you will have to lift and cut your fenders considerably. check Tom4Brens gallery for an idea of how much they will stick out and how much you will need to cut. if you plan to put 315 tires on there.. well you will need to probably lift around 5 inches and cut away most of your fenders

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"