Hi all, I havent been around much lately. For one, my computer died on me, and for two, i've been working almost 60 hours a week the past month.

Nonetheless, i got some free time on thurs, and decided I was going wheeling.

The day was great, about 85 degrees in denver when we left, and it was around 70 degrees at altitude where we started our trail. Everything was great and our trail took us on a route of abandoned gold mines, peaking at 13,600 feet altitude.

However, on our way out, we decided to try a pass through the only mud pit we could find up there. Much to our dismay, we ended up getting very very stuck. Which took us almost 8 hours to free 2 vehicles. We tried every trick in the book with the equipment we had. We tried making levers to increase our leverage, pullys, more straps, etc.

Well, it reached 7pm, and it was getting dark in about an hour, so we started to freak out because it had been raining the entire time we were stuck. This made for 3 soaking wet people in 30 degree temps once the sun dropped. I hiked up the hillside far enough to luckily get cell phone service (Thank God). I got a hold of our 3 wheeling buddy (He left before we went mudding), and begged him to come back and help us get free. While I had service I also called my parents and gave them our 3rd wheelers number, so they could coordinate with him to help get us down the mountain if needed.

Long story short, we ended up bending the class 5 trailer hitch on the red cherokee (our 3 wheeler), and thankfully my parents decided to come help with my dad's F350 diesel.
We linked 5 or 6 straps and starting yanking. However, the only place we could get the Ford to pull me was at a 90 degree angle to my Runner. This mud was so thick that when he would tug, it would start to roll over my Runner, rather than pull me out of the mud.

We ended up freeing the white cherokee, and he hooked up to my left rear and my dad hooked to the front right. Between both vehicles we got me turned back towards the road. Dad gave the Ford some gas, and we finally got out.
AT 4 AM.........

below are some cool pics we got. Unfortunately there arent many ones of us stuck in the mud, because we were all focusing on getting us free rather than getting pics.

enjoy