Thread: question for the seat extenders

question for the seat extenders

got a feeling i won't be getting seat extenders any time soon , but i can have them made if someone can measure them for me and give e exact details and pics for them (the one in gallery is too vague), if someone who hasn'e installed them yet could even lend them to me i would be very grateful.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    That really shouldnt be too difficult, only as long as Allan doesn't mind...

Ok, so I bought my vx about a month ago and when I first got it I wasn't to sure what to look for as "standard". Over the course of the first two weeks most of the people that sat in my front seat commented that it sat really high up and forward. I didn't really pay much attention to this since I never sat in it. While meeting up with Jamie, another vx owner here, he mentioned that my seat was sitting way higher then his, so when we took a look at it, it turned out I had custom passenger seat extenders. I removed them last week, because I'm more likly to have people in the front seat on long trips then to have people frequently getting in and out. So I figured I'd rather have the front passenger more comfortable.

These are nothing like what some of the other guys on the board have been offering, I've noticed the ones on the board are 2 seperate pieces that you then bolt seperatly to the truck. The ones I have are 1/4 inch solid steel bars. They bolt in 4 places per bar, 2 bolts directly into the stock bolt receivers and then 2 bolts attach the seat to the extenders. It lifts the seat about 1/2 inch and moves it forward by about 3 to 4 inches.

One thing to note, installation of these is very simple since they are a single piece bracket.

1. Simply unbolt the seat from the vx.
    2. slide the brackets under the seat frame
    3. bolt the brackets to the vx.
    4. bolt the seat to the brackets.

There is no need to remove the seat or anything like that. I was actually able to uninstall them in less then 15 minutes. Took some extra time just to see if I liked the seat lower or higher.

Now, I'm not willing to sell these, because i never know when/if I'll actually need them. But, if somone wants to use them as prototypes to make new ones I have no problem with that as long as I get them back.

I dont know, maybe somone like Tone or Ron could use them to start producing them and offering them in their respective stores.

(Note: I have pics of them, but as soon as I took the last pic my camera battery went dead. I'll post the pics here as soon as my battery recharges)
    Last edited by omegavx : 09/25/2003 at 10:31 PM

Ok, got my battery charged just enough to grab the pics off the disc. Here you go (btw, these are smaller versions, clicking on an image will open the much larger very detailed version of each)

My fabricator can duplicate those if ya’ll want - send them to the address on my web page and I’ll get him on them. He’s pretty fast so I should have them back to you ASAP. Thanks.

Amack76, please let me know if you want me to send them to Tone so he can reproduce them. Or, if anyone else is interested let me know. I have no problem sending them, just dont want to do it if no one will get any use out of it.

definately do, as long as tone can keep the price below 50

Those are way better looking than the others that were offered here for $65. I won’t know how much they’ll cost until I get a set made but I would think they could be around the $50 mark.