Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ft. Collins

Question Ft. Collins

I'm in the market for a VX and wondering if it would be worth my while to fly into Denver (southwest has great fares right now from Tucson) have a friend drive me to Ft. Collins to take a look at Detail Driven Auto's inventory of VX's? Any input would be appreciated.

thanks,
    anyad

I vote a wholehearted yes.

Two members have already bought one from Richard in the past few months. Maybe contact them for more input. "Surf-life" and "Ron"
    So far, we've only heard positive comments. Good luck.

If you do get one there and drive home, give me a shout on the way back since you'll pass right by me. I could meet you at the junction of I-17 and 69.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

DDA has a good reputation for selling clean VX'en at reasonable dealer prices IMHO.

That being said, if you want to travel to Denver, buy a decent VX at dealer price, and travel back or ship it back, well that's up to you.

I can say that the Arizona contingent of VX owners is fairly large and unless you MUST HAVE one immediately, then the end cost would not make economic sense. Find one locally.

Richard at Detailed Driven Autos does collect decent VX's, and spends time and money finding them, shipping them to his lot, detailing them, fixing issues and marketing them. I think that's indisputable.

The question is how much of that process are you willing to pay for? I don't think anyone here can answer that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    That being said, if you want to travel to Denver, buy a decent VX at dealer price, and travel back or ship it back, well that's up to you.

I can say that the Arizona contingent of VX owners is fairly large and unless you MUST HAVE one immediately, then the end cost would not make economic sense. Find one locally.
    Honestly, they don't pop up around these parts for sale all that often. Can think of that Dragon in February in Scottsdale.....and.........and Larry somebody's Proton with the painted hood insert 12/09....and..........that Ebony with super low miles that sold for something like $17k about 18 months ago.....the lifted Proton at a dealership in Scottsdale about a year ago.......so I'd say there's about 2-3 per year, tops.

IMHO, I think it would be great to fly to Denver (cheap airfare), and drive back...about 15 hr drive roughly....could make one night stop over to break it up.......and get away from the 110 degree temps for a few days!

Thank you so much for your rapid replies.
    The other bonus is Denver is much cooler than Tucson and I get to visit a long-time friend. Just as an FYI the one-way fare from Tucson to Denver is $78...can't beat that with a stick :-)

~anyad

Thumbs up Traveling to Denver/Ft. Collins

Just bought my ticket and will be heading to CO. July 2nd...hoping that I don't have to fly back (but I did purchase a round-trip airfare just in case), and will be driving a VX back to Tucson. The drive through Taos and Santa Fe is lovely; may detour and route back through Flagstaff and Sedona. Any additional input would be great.

thanks,
    anyad

one more item

I have sent an inquiry to Detail Driven Autos and waiting for a reply...

~anyad

Quote Originally Posted by anyad2002 View Post
    I have sent an inquiry to Detail Driven Autos and waiting for a reply...

~anyad
    Call Richard by phone, he always lists his #.

And give a shout if you're at I-17 & 69.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get a beauty!

Hehe hehe hehe...you said 69!

*Yes, I used to watch Beavis and Butthead.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Hehe hehe hehe...you said 69!

*Yes, I used to watch Beavis and Butthead.
    ....iy yi yi!

Quote Originally Posted by anyad2002 View Post
    Just bought my ticket and will be heading to CO. July 2nd...hoping that I don't have to fly back (but I did purchase a round-trip airfare just in case), and will be driving a VX back to Tucson.
    Sorry I didn't get to you earlier, but you can sometimes fly into the Fort Collins/Loveland airport for a whole lot cheaper. In the grand scheme of things, it only saves you an hour in time, though.

Note that DDA hosted a Colorado meet-up a few weeks back. I didn't make it up, but I know a couple of the Colorado members did. They might have had eyes on your VX, or even driven it already. I can say that I was just looking at their inventory yesterday, and I was pondering if I needed a second one...

another guy listed a Proton

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Honestly, they don't pop up around these parts for sale all that often. Can think of that Dragon in February in Scottsdale.....and.........and Larry somebody's Proton with the painted hood insert 12/09....and..........that Ebony with super low miles that sold for something like $17k about 18 months ago.....the lifted Proton at a dealership in Scottsdale about a year ago.......so I'd say there's about 2-3 per year, tops.

IMHO, I think it would be great to fly to Denver (cheap airfare), and drive back...about 15 hr drive roughly....could make one night stop over to break it up.......and get away from the 110 degree temps for a few days!
    That had a customized paint job. Didnt like it when I questioned the resell value based on it.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    I went to the meet in Fort Collins & saw Richard's shop. He has some nice VXs including a really clean Firefox with low miles & aftermarket upgrades. You shouldn't have any problem finding something you like at his shop. Good luck

The Foxfire looks great. I just spotted it on CL again.

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2458701576.html

Even if he does mispell Foxfire and list the motor as a 4 cylinder V-6. :P
    EX OWNER 2000 Foxfire