View Poll Results: Will you order replacement half shafts from RCV?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'll be ordering a set in 2011

5 19.23%
  • Not in 2011 but when I blow a CV, I'll order replacements from RCV

10 38.46%
  • No: $1800 ... are you Nucking Futz!!!

11 42.31%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RCV half shaft interest poll

RCV half shaft interest poll

All,

I'm going to re-engage RCV performance about getting these made but I need to know how many people are going to be interested. Only check yes if you plan on buying a set this calendar year. Once they have sold a few, I'm sure that you'll be able to order from their site when you are ready.

The price seems steep at $1800 but that's the same price that Isuzu charges for OEM replacement ones.

Even though I'm having a set of OEM re-built as we speak, I'll be ordering a set since they will basically remove what I consider the weakest link of my driveline.

Here is the thread where it has been discussed:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=18705

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

This year Moab claimed 2 front Differentials that I know of. But no cv's??? I would be interested in building a stronger rig with the new RCV'S when mine go.

i talked to the only shop that does cv's around here (coast CV and Axle) he said if i take them out and bring them to him that he would rebuild them for 50$ for each side. Normaly he charges 200$ per side.

If you go that route:

1. The instructions for diff drop installation will be helpful:

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=49

2. Your VX will be undriveable during the re-build since the axles hold the 'juice' in the pumpkin.

I would buy now.
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND

I have thought more about this. At 1800, its just way too much. You are getting really close to the SAS cost at that point. Even Indy sells all the Dana44 and all the extras needed for 6K. That is with 5.38s and a locker. Get rid of the 5.38,there is 1K, get rid of the ARB and go to an aussie, there is another 600. You could get a SAS done for about 6k. I have decided to save my pennies rather than mess with our ridiculous front drive train anymore. After holding the rear axles in my hand, and messing with the front prop shaft, our front drivetrain is flimsy at best, especially compared to the rear portion.
    Add a super strong set of CVs, whats the next thing in line to fail? I have no idea, I would guess the front prop shaft, but I dunno.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I respect that, but at what point do we say to ourselves: " why didnt i just buy a jeep?"

I bought a vehicross, and the ifs along with it. heck, if I dropped the driver part of my brain, and spoke purely as a pasenger, the dang jeep would be a LOT more liveable and practical. different strokes. Some would say the same thing to me about ome springs. But its the vx-ness that has kept my ranchos in the box and the really unique oem shocks in its place...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I have thought more about this. At 1800, its just way too much. You are getting really close to the SAS cost at that point. Even Indy sells all the Dana44 and all the extras needed for 6K. That is with 5.38s and a locker. Get rid of the 5.38,there is 1K, get rid of the ARB and go to an aussie, there is another 600. You could get a SAS done for about 6k. I have decided to save my pennies rather than mess with our ridiculous front drive train anymore. After holding the rear axles in my hand, and messing with the front prop shaft, our front drivetrain is flimsy at best, especially compared to the rear portion.
    Add a super strong set of CVs, whats the next thing in line to fail? I have no idea, I would guess the front prop shaft, but I dunno.
    Dude - I think you've spent too much time around that radioactive stuff. the math just doesn't add up. Since when is $1.8K "getting really close" to $6K.

Just jerking your chain Dude.

I'm not trying to sell 'em ... just want to get them available as an option. I respect the points that led to your decision, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceCADETzoom View Post
    I respect that, but at what point do we say to ourselves: " why didnt i just buy a jeep?"

I bought a vehicross, and the ifs along with it. heck, if I dropped the driver part of my brain, and spoke purely as a pasenger, the dang jeep would be a LOT more liveable and practical. different strokes. Some would say the same thing to me about ome springs. But its the vx-ness that has kept my ranchos in the box and the really unique oem shocks in its place...
    X2...

Even lifted to the nvts & rollin' on 35's, I can out corner most anything that is nuts enough to challenge me on the road...

Yesterday I had some yahoo in a sportagee thinkin' he was fast try to pass me in a corner. Dropped to 2nd & stabbed the skinny...

Game OVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    X2...

Even lifted to the nvts & rollin' on 35's, I can out corner most anything that is nuts enough to challenge me on the road...

Yesterday I had some yahoo in a sportagee thinkin' he was fast try to pass me in a corner. Dropped to 2nd & stabbed the skinny...

Game OVER!
    How very very sad when our level of measure is a Kia Sportage. A 20K sportage vs a 30K Zu is like comparing a Nissan Sentra to a Mustang GT.

How very very sad when our level of measure is a Kia Sportage. A 20K sportage vs a 30K Zu is like comparing a Nissan Sentra to a Mustang GT.
    What's sad is your math skills...$6k = $1.8k...

I didn't choose to try to out corner me...HE did...

I get what you are saying, some punk *** kid on 10 speed tried to outrun me the other day...I smoked him.

Dare you to roll up on me, I've got a 21 speed!

I actually DID take a focus on my road bike last year.. he honked at me for going too slow up a hill (what a prick, i was on the shoulder) so once the hill crested i got up to about 40mph (it was a 35mph zone) and blew past him just to make a point

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Talking

I get what you are saying, some punk *** kid on 10 speed tried to outrun me the other day...I smoked him.
    With your massive math brain, can you be SURE it had 10 speeds...

Just cuz...HALF SHAFT!!!

There, I stayed on topic...