Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Original Owner (1st Owner) Roll Call

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Smile Original Owner (1st Owner) Roll Call

Curiosity has the best of me.

Who out there bought their VX new and still has them? Have you ever considered selling in all these years?

I'll start. I ordered my VX in December of 99 and received it in May of 2000. Love at first site and NEVER considered selling her. She is one pampered child.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

My tire and wheel combination is imho the best.

My VX has over 100,000 miles.

My VX is Ebony (the fastest VX), and my cladding is blackish-gray.

My VX is lifted!

My ABS light is on... and my check engine light (gotta get a scan gauge).

I know what Moab is (and have been there)!

My VX has a roof rack.

I have that front license plate delete insert thingy.

I off-road my VX.

My VX is NOT for sale! (Not the roof rack either.)

Oh yeah, and to reply to THIS thread... I bought mine new in July of 2001, and never thought of getting rid of it. I love my VehiCROSS!!!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Anita,

Nice thread...have wondered about this as well. I took my Trooper in for an oil change in 2001 and left with a new VX that was sitting in the show room. Always wanted one and when I saw it my oil change became rather expensive. I think I paid in the low 30s that day. Shortly after that I was watching the TV when Isuzu announced a 10K drop in price. Nearly had a heart attack. I now have 118,000 on the clock and, yes I had considered selling it a couple times. One guy got my name and telephone number when he saw it parked at the dock and offered me 18K in cash a couple years ago. And that was before he was aware that I had the Alpine Supercharger under the hood. I think I have the only VX on Cape Cod at this point and people continue to ask me about it and are amazed when I tell them it's 10 years old.
    Scott

Original owner of mine. Had 2 actually.

'00 Dragon Green bought new off showroom floor. Sadly, totaled 4 months later.

'01 Ebony bought 3 months after Dragon was totaled (and I was out of the hospital, heh). Had dealers scour the country for another NEW Green but none could be found so I settled on an Ebony found in SanDiego and they shipped it here. Still have it, running strong, 54k miles.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I'm an original owner. I bought my '99 new on 3/25/00, so I'm just a few days short of eleven years. 239,900 miles as my daily driver. No complaints. I've never considered selling.

I first saw a VX on a magazine cover in late '99. I checked it out periodically over the winter and decided it was go time on a weekend in late March. I called the local dealer on a Monday to see if they had any. They had one left, an Astral Silver, the color I wanted. I stopped by on Tuesday for a quick look and to make contact with a salesman. I called him on Thursday to say I was gonna be there Friday morn and to make time for me. After 3-4 hours I nodded my head and the rest is history.

I had $3K equity in my trade and I put down $6K in cash so I only had a $373 payment for five years with the 1.9% IMAC financing. After the fifteen minute ride home, in minutes I had the roof rack off and it's never been back on. The back seat came out three days later and it's never been used.

I'm still having 100% pure fun and 300,000 miles seems like a certainty at this point. It'll be my daily driver until it's not repairable.

Visit me at-

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer)
    Last edited by deermagnet : 03/10/2011 at 08:08 AM

I'm a orignal owner. Bought mine 4-21-01 and its been the best truck I have ever owned!

Steve
    2000 FIREFOX 0009

New owner as well

2001 Proton bought mine 6/2002 for $24,000 in Brattleboro VT. (I know at least 4 owners no where that is as I saw a parade of 4 on main street 2 weeks afterr buying. Approaching 80,000 but have been in a lot of places with it. I need a map to list all the states it has neen in
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ View Post
    I'm a orignal owner. Bought mine 4-21-01 and its been the best truck I have ever owned!

Steve
    2000 FIREFOX 0009
    Not only are you the first owner, but according to my research you may also own the very first Foxfire off the line.

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    Hi Anita. Thanks for the thread.

I am an original owner of a 2001 Kaiser Silver.
    I bought it the day before the first SoCal meet and felt too much of an outsider to go. I did go to the second meet where we parked on the steps of the Isuzu headquarters, since they would not open up for us.
    I traded in a Toyota Previa AWD. Nice van with a supercharged 4 banger. I never got to see the engine, but I’m sure it was there.
    Mine is a daily driver on the wet Oregon coast with about 83,000 miles. It still burns almost a quart of oil at 2800 miles; always has. Very little off road, but the off pavement conditions are often impassable for everyone but the Jeeps and me.
    S/C still spinning and I have no plans to drive anything else.
    Cheers to all and the drive continues.
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Not only are you the first owner, but according to my research you may also own the very first Foxfire off the line.
    VT--- Please do your research and tell me who has the LAST Proton off the assembly line in the 2001 model (the last Proton ever produced by VIN)???

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Wow thats pretty cool to know!
    Thanks

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I bought my original RIP VX in 6/2002 first owner with that great warranty......would have NEVER thought of selling, even totalled she rests in my parents garage.......for now

The current VX however, does NOT have my heart the way the original did, but I still can not think of getting rid of it!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

I am the original owner of my Ebony, made the deposit in October of 98, waited until tax day of 99 for it to arrive. Cant see me getting rid of it, but these gas prices are making me think it needs a partner in the driveway that is a little more stringent on the use of petrol.

Thanks - Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    VT--- Please do your research and tell me who has the LAST Proton off the assembly line in the 2001 model (the last Proton ever produced by VIN)???
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ View Post
    Wow thats pretty cool to know!
    Thanks
    Now don't get too excited just yet, remember I said that you may be the first owner. Basically I have a spreadsheet where I store the VIN for every Foxfire or Dragon that I can find either through ads or member registry here or on VX Lounge. I have 79 of the 210 VINs compiled for Foxfire so far which doesn't sound like a lot, but when you consider about 40-50 of those are 2000 models (out of 90 produced in that year) and the sequential digits at the end of the VIN run up through nearly 1000, it's pretty likely that with a number as low as 0009 you'd either be the first or second.

I'm only tracking Foxfire and Dragon because their low production number makes it somewhat feasible, as opposed to Astral, Ebony, or even Proton which were produced in much larger numbers. So Riff I'm sorry to say that I can't answer your question about the last Proton.

Now if we had access to Mark's VIN CD we might be able to answer that question, but apparently it's encrypted - though maybe if we gave Knigh7s an evening with it he'd have it ready for us by morning.

Original owner of my 2001 Proton. Purchased in April 2002 (0% interest for 5 years!) from a Tampa Isuzu dealer. Have tried to keep her mostly stock and in "is that new?" condition (which given Colorado blizzards, living on a dirt road, multiple cross-U.S. trips, and a full year sitting idle while overseas has been a challenge). Just went over 56000 miles.
    Fuzzy
    2001 Proton #1413
    Kaneohe, HI