Thread: Moab XIV 17May-21May 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hmmmmm, for some reason I don't have any problems with my front cladding scraping Sue!
    That "rock pile" was the exit of Hells Revenge....and damn that is one sexy spotter!

Also, just picked me up a new camera! Got a Nikon D5000! Can't wait to shoot a crapload of pics in Moab!

MsC...we were all the noob in Moab at one point or another. For many it was their first time ever off road...most all have caught the bug and have continued to return time and time again. Hope you make it! And we won't hold it against your hubby that he's a "jeep" guy
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Hmmmmm, for some reason I don't have any problems with my front cladding scraping Sue!...translation MsC...he's LIFTED a coupla inches!
    That "rock pile" was the exit of Hells Revenge....and damn that is one sexy spotter! Hmmm, he does look kinda familiar! Yer lookin' good Billy, even if you do say so yourself!

Also, just picked me up a new camera! Got a Nikon D5000! Can't wait to shoot a crapload of pics in Moab! Great camera choice! I'm a Nikon geek!! Buy a 2nd battery!!

MsC...we were all the noob in Moab at one point or another. For many it was their first time ever off road...most all have caught the bug and have continued to return time and time again. Hope you make it! And we won't hold it against your hubby that he's a "jeep" guy
    How's that go???...sumpin like Jeep...Heep, Yeep, Sheep...
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Well the lift helps but so does the "slight" trimming of the front cladding.

Aw shucks Billy, thanks.......I think. Thanks for the compliment Sue, but I learned my spotting skills (which are minimal at this point) from listening to people like Billy. It takes a while to have confidence in your spotters because sometimes it looks completely wrong from inside the truck, but once you learn to just let go and trust you can do some really amazing things.

MsC, I say if you can make it out to Moab then DEFINITELY do. On top of the great scenery and trails, just meeting some of the rest of the family is worth the trip. I was stock my first couple of year out in Moab, and if you take your time you should come out unscathed. As everyone who has seen me in Moab will tell you, I drive like a 70 year old grandma going to church on Sunday on the trails. Slow and steady wins the race....and keeps your VX (mostly) scratch free.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Aw schucks Mark, don't worry. There was no complement there...that "sexy" guy was me....man, get over yourself!