Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Moab XIV 17May-21May 2011

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    I'm planning on camping at portal during the week, them I'm gonna try to get a spot at the red rock over the weekend so i can get a shower

Jo- If i can get a local VX'er to come by my parents house ill fab em up myself, then all we have to do is weld em on at the stoop... or if worse comes to worst, ill fab em here, then you can find a shop in moab to pay just to weld them to the frame. If there are any takers on bringing a VX by my parents house to help another VX'er out, let me know. Their house is between Monument and Castle Rock.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

I would LOVE to go to Moab but google maps says 1 days 7 hours of non-stop driving time to get there... thats a longggg drive

Quote Originally Posted by Exclamation View Post
    I would LOVE to go to Moab but google maps says 1 days 7 hours of non-stop driving time to get there... thats a longggg drive
    But well worth it! Marlin along with several other wrong coasters have made the journey.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

There's always an open seat/open invitation in somebody's VX, so you can fly out and join up that way!

If you do choose to drive, there's usually a Colorado convoy you could meet up with...at least that last leg wouldn't be so lonely!

Hey Paul (phines) are you going to make it this year since you moved back to VA? If he is, you could meet up with him for a mini-convoy....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thumbs up

Did anyone reserve the Portal yet?
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    I'm planning on camping at portal during the week, them I'm gonna try to get a spot at the red rock over the weekend so i can get a shower

Jo- If i can get a local VX'er to come by my parents house ill fab em up myself, then all we have to do is weld em on at the stoop... or if worse comes to worst, ill fab em here, then you can find a shop in moab to pay just to weld them to the frame. If there are any takers on bringing a VX by my parents house to help another VX'er out, let me know. Their house is between Monument and Castle Rock.
    I might be able to help out but not sure when i'll have time. Maybe milehighvx can help since he lives in Castle Rock?

I still need to fab mine up and can probably make an extra set for Jo if needed.

I would like to camp at Portal as usual, arriving Sunday the 15th and departing Sunday the 22nd...Jack if you are getting a group site can you reserve it through Sunday? Oh, and Portal has like 6 showers if you didn't know.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)

I've got my Strick9 sliders off the VX for the winter...man they just fill up with ice and stuff to easy.

I can meet you at the Castle Rock Walmart and you can take them with you.

We can take some photos/measurements of the mounting points as well.

Let me know.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Well I just did some number crunching and its going to be around $440 each way for gas if I get 19 mpg the whole way. $880 for gas alone! :O I think I might have to skip out on this meet are there any plans for a meet anywhere closer to NC?

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    I might be able to help out but not sure when i'll have time. Maybe milehighvx can help since he lives in Castle Rock?

I still need to fab mine up and can probably make an extra set for Jo if needed.
    that'd be a hell of a drive for you to come all the way down here just for that. I'll see if i can get any local volunteers then talk to you jon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    I would like to camp at Portal as usual, arriving Sunday the 15th and departing Sunday the 22nd...Jack if you are getting a group site can you reserve it through Sunday? Oh, and Portal has like 6 showers if you didn't know.
    i know, its just nice to have a 'home base' for a day or two when i most likely will have my girlfriend and probably my sister too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    I've got my Strick9 sliders off the VX for the winter...man they just fill up with ice and stuff to easy.

I can meet you at the Castle Rock Walmart and you can take them with you.

We can take some photos/measurements of the mounting points as well.

Let me know.
    maybe i could take some measurements off of yours sometime, very carefully, build em, then hold em up to your VX just to make sure they fit before i trek em out to moab. What do you think about that???
    I could swing down on a weekend and get all my measurements in one day, build em the next weekend, then check them on your VX on the sunday after i build them maybe??

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)

maybe i could take some measurements off of yours sometime, very carefully, build em, then hold em up to your VX just to make sure they fit before i trek em out to moab. What do you think about that???
    I could swing down on a weekend and get all my measurements in one day, build em the next weekend, then check them on your VX on the sunday after i build them maybe??
    You've got my number...just give me a call.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Well I just did some number crunching and its going to be around $440 each way for gas if I get 19 mpg the whole way. $880 for gas alone! :O I think I might have to skip out on this meet are there any plans for a meet anywhere closer to NC?
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...6&highlight=NC

Happens every year...

Thanks for the link (:

i know, its just nice to have a 'home base' for a day or two when i most likely will have my girlfriend and probably my sister too.
    That's fine if you want to go to the Red Rock, I'm just saying if you are going to reserve a group campsite, reserve it through Saturday night even if you aren't going to be there that long. By then there will be plenty of people to occupy the site even if you move to the motel.

If not, let us know and Tom or I or somebody can reserve a group site separately.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    That's fine if you want to go to the Red Rock, I'm just saying if you are going to reserve a group campsite, reserve it through Saturday night even if you aren't going to be there that long. By then there will be plenty of people to occupy the site even if you move to the motel.

If not, let us know and Tom or I or somebody can reserve a group site separately.
    sounds good. im hoping to reserve all my stuff some time next month, so ill get a group campsite then.