Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: "Showroom New" Trim Restorer- info & experience

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Aerosol? Glass jar? Mine camr in a plastic bottle with a gold label. Me thinks you have a different product.
    ditto again-
    maybe he means the Preval sprayer that was optional? Maybe it's just on too thin? How many coats did you do?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    ditto again-
    maybe he means the Preval sprayer that was optional? Maybe it's just on too thin? How many coats did you do?
    Here is what I used/what came with the kit.
    I put 3 coats.
    I don't think coats would matter to much as it a dye thou?
    http://www.showroomnewproducts.com/shop-car-dye-kits

try line-x. its like rhino lining

I tried to get some showroom new and the site is gone and I cannot find it anywhere on the internet, not on eBay, Amazon or any other sites. Has anyone bought any in the last few months? I did find this other product that seems to be similar, has anyone used this stuff? http://www.foreverblack.com/

'97 Astral 1334, '97 Astral 1320, '98 Golden Mica 1432
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    I tried to get some showroom new and the site is gone and I cannot find it anywhere on the internet, not on eBay, Amazon or any other sites. Has anyone bought any in the last few months? I did find this other product that seems to be similar, has anyone used this stuff? http://www.foreverblack.com/
    Hi Catfish,

I bought Showroom New last July 2014 directly from Michele Calhoun. The results were awesome! Michele Calhoun is the company owner and the lady that filed for the original trademark. It appears that she may not be retailing the product anymore but she is providing the service through several locations along the I5 corridor in Washington and Oregon. Here is her LinkedIn page. https://www.linkedin.com/pub/michele-calhoun/17/aa1/706

Her Auburn business address is
    CALHOUN, MICHELE M.
    TOUCH OF BLACK, LLC.
    PO Box 1922
    Auburn WA 98071-1922

Her Trademark application is here so you can make the connection between the two. http://www.trademarkia.com/showroom-new-78959135.html

I am surprised also, not to be able to find the product for sale. I was planning on fixing another VX. I can highly recomend the product for cladding only not for any other plastics on the vehicle. VX Kat's original instructions are bang on.

If you can contact Michele Calhoun and order more, please let me know as I would like to order some more.

Jayd-S

'97 Astral 1334, '97 Astral 1320, '98 Golden Mica 1432

Showroom New

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    Hi Catfish,
    Just spoke with Michele Calhoun. She confirmed that they were no longer supplying Showroom New products for retail. She now only supplies to authorized dealerships along the I5 corridor in Washington and Oregon.

She said it was OK to post her phone number here for anyone to contact her for the nearest dealership. Phone: (206) 229-9923.

Good luck.

This is really strange... Why not just list her dealers?
    96 Eclipse Spyder GSX (already turbo, AWD swap)
    93 Eagle Summit AWD (4G63 turbo swaps)

:MODS:

Please delete this post. I had problem with the reply button not operating. I went to advanced mode and edited this post. The next one is what came out...plus this one too! (FWIW: The reply button at the end of this thread is what malfunctioned.)

Also, why can't users delete their own posts?
    Last edited by 89Vette : 11/04/2015 at 11:38 PM
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

Another option is Mar-Hyde bumper coating (dye) as sold by O'Reillys Auto Parts. I compared the ingredients to SEM vinyl/plastic dyes. They are basically identical. (And, btw, I also recommend the SEM products too. Duplicolor flat black or charcoal would be 3rd on my list.)

Just like these roll-on products, you [only] have to thoroughly wash before application. In short, you need to remove road debris or wax to insure adhesion. I masked mine with blue painters tape and newspaper -- similar to the OP. I was able to do mine in one afternoon. (This is the 3rd time I've died my cladding. It's needs reapplication after 2-3 years....if you want it to look new. Each time, I only use 1 $10 can of spray dye. I think I used a bit more on my first application several years ago. I'm sure more coats would help with longevity.

Here are pics of mine. I also recently added the skid plates after reconditioning a set AND reconditioning my hood insert. They were painted by Maaco in a metallic dark charcoal gloss.

Last edited by 89Vette : 11/09/2015 at 11:41 PM

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Does the Mar-Hyde product change the texture of the cladding?

I've steered away from Gatorback for that reason.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Does the Mar-Hyde product change the texture of the cladding?

I've steered away from Gatorback for that reason.
    No. It's a thinner coating than paint. The coating is thin enough you can't tell it's there. And, you can clearly still see the "sanded" texture of the cladding after application. Even after 3-4 coats over 5 years, you can't tell my cladding has a coating. I can still see the cladding's texture. It's thinner than paint because 3-4 coats of spray paint wouldn't retain the same level of detail.