Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: TC Black Fusion cladding reconditioner - info & experience

TC Black Fusion cladding reconditioner - info & experience

TC Black Fusion
    Looks like there's a new player on the scene for cladding reconditioning. Starting this thread to keep all the info together.

When "surf-life" bought a '99 Ironman from Richard Payne at Detail Driven Autos in Colorado, the pics he posted showed the cladding looked fantastic. Real dark and rich looking! Surf found out that Richard Payne's dealership treated it with this.

TC BLACK FUSION - Technician's Choice - Black Fusion
    BRING BACK THE NEW CAR LOOK to faded and graying plastic trim and bumpers. BLACK FUSION is proven to restore Black and Gray surfaces to a Dark Rich Color. BLACK FUSION wipes on to treat, brighten and restore a black, "wet look" to any exposed faded plastic, vinyl or rubber exterior trim. It's easy to apply. It's VOC compliant and lasts up to one year.
    •BLACK FUSION cures at room temperature in approximately 90 minutes.
    •Protects against the sun's UV rays, chalking, detergents and acid rain.

•One 2 oz bottle of BLACK FUSION can restore and treat all the exterior trim of a Chevy Avalanche.

BLACK FUSION is an amazing product that EVERY USED CAR MANAGER MUST SEE and TRY.

Here's some videos on it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdDsyo9BU30&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppdGrnvAovs&feature=fvw

So far I've only found it for sale at ADSCO and on ebay, (but it's the same seller). ADSCO stands for "Auto Dealers Supplies Company", and it seems to cater to the auto dealers, more than the consumer.
    http://www.adsco.net/viewproductdeta...productid=1184

I wrote to the prez of ADSCO for some more info. Here's some of the info he provided:

~This product comes from the warranty coatings and protection side of our business unlike many competitors whose products come from the tire dressing or polish industry. It is my understanding that TC Black Fusion is designed to penetrate and bond to the plastic. The one – minor issue with this product is that the curing process is caused by contact with air… so if you use the spray nozzle to apply the product you must turn the bottle upside down and spray the nozzle clean of product to avoid clogging the nozzle for future use.

~As far as prep work is concerned there is none… other than it needs to be applied to a clean, dry surface that should be clean of water spots.

~I’m confident you will find TC Black Fusion will correct the issues you are experiencing with cladding. The majority of our business is done directly with automotive dealers and the feedback to this new product has been overwhelmingly positive. I’m going to have to hope your fellow club owners see the results on your vehicle and that you give our product raving reviews.

~I can tell you that the product will definitely darken up the black finish and when cured it is not tacky nor will it come off on contact. We are aware that other products on the market attract dust and I have been told that TC Black Fusion does not.

~I am hoping this ends up being the product you’ve been looking for and we sell the majority of your club members a bottle for their vehicles!

~I forwarded your questions to my sales manager and asked that he contact you on Wednesday.

Thanks!

Chuck Folzenlogen
    President
    ADSCO Companies
    Office: 513-771-5995 ext 18
    Toll Free: 800-255-8643
    Fax: 513-771-7982

Surf-life also gave me some info, which he got from Richard:

Here is what I was told. My first question to him was longevity, he said they started using it about 6 months ago on there Foxfire, and said it still looks the same as day one!!! I was super pumped about that. Then I asked him how it goes on. He said that it is really easy to apply and that the stuff just "spreads" and that one bottle will do your vx 2 times. Richard said the stuff "absorbs into the plastic".

So.......I ordered a bottle.....sounds like it may be the answer for me, since it's not really a coating that can chip off, AND it can just be reapplied when it wears off. TS-1 also needs to be reapplied, but this claims to last a year, instead of 90 days....so we'll see.....

I'll post my experience as I go. Anybody else that's using it, please post how it's going.

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Iiiiiinteresting. Now I just gotta figure out what to do with my gallon of 303 if this works out super well

Forgot to ask, but does this work on the insert and top plastic rails as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tookie View Post
    Iiiiiinteresting. Now I just gotta figure out what to do with my gallon of 303 if this works out super well

Forgot to ask, but does this work on the insert and top plastic rails as well?
    I don't have any instructions yet, they'll come with the bottle...nothing on line that I could find....so don't know. But I think it will work on them too.
    I can't wait to ask the sales person for more info on surface prep (key word being "sales" person......the prez guy made it sound too easy. I still may have to find a way to get the remaining R/R off my passenger side before I can it apply it there.

Use the 303 on anything and everything that's rubber or plastic...I use it on all the gaskets, moldings, tires, spare tire, Yakima cargo basket, all the interior panels, center console, dash, vents, door jams, rubber mats, rubber cargo mat, spoiler, roof rails, door handles, mirror housings, windshield wiper arms, roof rack cross members & towers, engine cover and many other parts in the engine bay.....Basically I think I should just dunk my VX in a big vat of that stuff!

Plus I use it on anything plastic like our shop-vac, parts of our ATV, extension cords, handles on brooms and some tools, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    ADSCO stands for "Auto Dealers Supplies Company", and it seems to cater to the auto dealers, more than the consumer.
    That sounds like this is a product that might be carried by local paint supply stores.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    The one – minor issue with this product is that the curing process is caused by contact with air… so if you use the spray nozzle to apply the product you must turn the bottle upside down and spray the nozzle clean of product to avoid clogging the nozzle for future use.
    Hmmmm... sounds exactly like the description for spray paint. Maybe this contains a dye which would be another positive attribute and something that would really darken your cladding.

Sue, I hope this is the perfect solution for you (and therefore all of us!)

You tried using 303 on leather? Says it can but iono lol.

Maybe I will jsut spray it everywhere.

You know, if we all get together, and buy a gallon each...we could dunk all our VX's!!!!

Wish they also did a dark gray which is the correct color
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

sue...in the manufacturers text you've provided..its says not to be used over waterspots...does this imply that any color variations in the cladding are going to transfer thru? ...and consistency in color wont be achieved?...could you pose such questions to the Rep when you talk

Quote Originally Posted by VXjunky View Post
    sue...in the manufacturers text you've provided..its says not to be used over waterspots...does this imply that any color variations in the cladding are going to transfer thru? ...and consistency in color wont be achieved?...could you pose such questions to the Rep when you talk
    I caught that too junky....I'll ask the rep as much as I can....then I'll ask him some more....

Tookie, yes, I tried 303 on the leather, but I liked the Meguiars leathercare better...seemed like it penetrated it better.

Can't recall the type of plastic our cladding is....TPO or some 3 initials...don't think it's PVC . I want to mention it to the rep. Searched but it's too broad to find it easily.....Anybody recall??

I ordered a bottle also, I will send out before and afters as soon as I get it on!

Looks promising keep us updated :-)

Sue were you not satisfied with carsystem Refinish Restorer?

Thanks Kat. I ordered it! I said to myself just yesterday that the cladding is next.
    P.S. : I thought you had a maroon VX.?
    Last edited by Ebenezr : 02/09/2011 at 03:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Osteomata View Post
    Sue were you not satisfied with carsystem Refinish Restorer?
    Oh my, I've written a book about it.....in a word...no, it didn't work out for me. It ended up chipping off on the entire front bumper which I assume was from airborne particles. It also chipped off anywhere it was abraded from a bush or tree branch when I was off-road. I then learned it could be blasted off completely using the pressure washer at real close range, so that's what I've been doing to get ready to try something else.

Others have had tremendous success with it, and it's still a fantastic product. The best explanation we can surmise is my surface prep was faulty/inadequate. (Although I did it pretty darn carefully).

Another thought was that my PO had applied something "permanent" to the cladding. Mine has never ever looked dry and chalky like many older, neglected ones do. Mine also seems to be a rather different hue than most everybody...it's almost a bluish /light gray color....another oddity. Although LDub and some others believe the darker colors came with lighter cladding and vice versa. I've now been in person with at least 15+ VXs and I think everybody agrees, my cladding is a weird lighter color. (Even Mike and Kirk thought so this past Sunday when they saw mine)

I haven't applied ANYTHING to my cladding for 2 yrs now. I left it nekkid for 3 months before my 1st coat of R/R, then applied a 2nd coat about a year later. Over the past 4 months or so I've spent some time blasting it off with the pressure washer, but haven't applied any product, whatsoever, including when I run it through the cheapo car wash.

Because of this experience, I'm gun shy about trying any "permanent" stuff. So I've been thinking about TS-1 (vt_maverick has been using it) since that's a semi-perm product you reapply every 90 days or so. But when this Black Fusion said 1 yr, I thought that may be the better choice for me. If it's no good, I figure it will just wear off and I'll be no worse for the wear.

Just as an FYI, and in case you have nothing better to do with your time..., here's some info as I chronicled my experience, and many others did too.

I think I'm going to group all the pertinent cladding threads and start a cladding Wiki.

Pretty much can start here, on page two (2), post #49 on.
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...inish+restorer

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...62&postcount=5

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ding+possessed
    Last edited by VX KAT : 02/09/2011 at 03:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezr View Post
    P.S. : I thought you had a maroon VX.?
    Nope, she has a foxfire
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

just went to ebay to check out the product...holy crap $12 shipping!