Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: TC Black Fusion cladding reconditioner - info & experience

FWIW, this is exactly what TS-1 looks like after it's applied. Maybe Eb and I can take pictures in a month, two months, etc. to compare how the two products are holding up. Seems like one or the other will end up being the best "topical" treatment.

Eb- Now that it's been a few days, is it a dust magnet at all?

Does it have much shine? Your pics look pretty matte or maybe satin...maybe 1st coat absorbed in, maybe 2nd coat would make it more shiny than it is now. My test panel looked really shiny, almost glossy.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I will go take a picture right now and post in a moment. OK here it is. I am VERY pleased with the appearance. It does not suck up dust so far. It went on kind of smudgy streaky but a second coat would fix that. Still it is way better than grey. It is a satin finish not too glossy and not too matt-ee

There are water spots on it and I plan to power wash in a few hours. we'll see if it gets blasted off. Someone spit on my window- guess they don't like my VX.
    KAT you said your "test" panel turned out.....You just need to jump in all the way Oh I guess you did with a different product.....shame shame. You turned me on to this then you went and used something else. ha ha ha ha.
    Last edited by Ebenezr : 02/26/2011 at 05:07 PM

Someone spit on your window? That's pretty crooked man! What did you do to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezr View Post
    KAT you said your "test" panel turned out.....You just need to jump in all the way Oh I guess you did with a different product.....shame shame. You turned me on to this then you went and used something else. ha ha ha ha.
    Actually it was Richard Payne who's detail guy uses it, and we saw it on the one Surf-Life bought. That's how we found about about the product.

When I got a dud, that sprayed only clear, out of frustration while awaiting my replacement bottle I started surfin' again, found the dyes. I'm going to test the BF on my test panel and see what it looks like sprayed on top of my stuff. It still sounds like a great product, especially after the 2nd coat.

KAT did you only do a couple sprays? Maybe the uptake tube just needed to be run out and loaded with the suspended product.

HI,

I'm new here. I stumbled across this site looking for info and results on Black Fusion and thought I tell and show the results I've had so far.

A bit of history. I bought this Dodge Dakota used two years next month. The truck was always garage kept and in like or better than new condition. The previous owner was the clean perfectionist type.

The only problem, the drip edge on the rear cap window was loose. Its attached with 3M tape.

Did you ever hear "If you want a job done right, do it yourself"? One I should have done myself!

To make a long short a guy said he had re-taped many things. Well, he re-taped it alright, but in the process removing the old tape he marked up the drip edge pretty bad using whatever he used to remove the old tape and adhesive. Worse, after about two months later the drip edge cam loose again. Sigh..... ( Hopefully it was his last tape job!)

I don't know what he got on it, carb cleaner, lacquer thinner or whatever, but it really messed it up. A local shop wanted $65.00 ( parts + labor) to replace it. I decided to give BF a try.

I carefully cleaned off the old tape and adhesive, applied the promoter and tape. The drip edge is now in place and holding a year later, but looked like this from the previous hatchet job.

Mother's Back to Black and Armorall kept it looking good for maybe a week or so tops, but was back the uglies in short order.

Three weeks later after the BF application setting outside in sunlight, 90* weather, rain and etc its looking good so far.

While I was at it I applied it on the tailgate latch handle. Sorry, I don't have a before shot, but it had the typical gray weathered appearance. I apologize for the crappy pics, but the drip edge is as black as the handle.

To apply it I cleaned it with denatured alcohol and a mild Simple Green / water mix then applied a thin coat of BF, allowed it to dry for an hour then applied a second thin coat. Two thin applications seemed to work better then one wet app. When I say "thin" I mean just enough to dampen the surface, get into the texture with very little excess to wipe off.

I've done everything on the truck, mirrors, cowling, door handles, grill......Everything looks like new. Now I'll see if it outlasts the other stuff, it has so far.

Bill

So far my tc BF is still holding up.

Can't find this anymore

What is everyone using now?

Quote Originally Posted by Front_rangeVX View Post
    Can't find this anymore

What is everyone using now?

Do a search for "Showroom New"

it has worked well for me as well as others.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    Do a search for "Showroom New"

it has worked well for me as well as others.

Thank you, looking into it now!

i used turtle wax trim restorer and it worked great - lasts months longer than mother's back to black - but those are the only 2 i have tried