Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TC Black Fusion cladding reconditioner - info & experience

I think Rhino-liner is the best answer for our plastic woe's, and if you are as lucky as I am and have a black VX, then it's the best answer for the whole truck!!!

Last night I went CSI on the company(s) behind this product. It's like a labyrinth. Multiple related companies each linking each other as the ultimate source, each quoting the other as having the "latest info about their products". All are dead ends.

What I was really going for was the materials data safety sheet (required by the EPA) which would list more detail of its contents, chemical actions and who actually formulated and submitted it. Not that I think its hazardous or anything, but just curious as to where it came from, its contents and then surmise how it works.

Anyhoo, dead ends so far as that particular product goes. They do seem to have a great line of other products tho... hehe.. Sold under "Technicians Choice", "Elite Car Protection" and "Platinum Professional Car Wash" products.
    Last edited by Grif : 02/11/2011 at 09:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Last night I went CSI on the company(s) behind this product. It like a labyrinth. Multiple related companies each linking each other as the ultimate source, each quoting the other as having the "latest info about their products". All are dead ends.

What I was really going for was the materials data safety sheet (required by the EPA) which would list more detail of its contents, chemical actions and who actually formulated and submitted it. Not that I think its hazardous or anything, but just curious as to where it came from, its contents and then surmise how it works.

Anyhoo, dead ends so far as far as that particular product goes. They do seem to have a great line of other products tho... hehe.. Sold under "Technicians Choice", "Elite Car Protection" and "Platinum Professional Car Wash" products.
    Yeah I noticed the instructions included the statement: "Refer to MSDS before use"....but they sure didn't give us a MSDS, or make it easy to get one apparently!

This product is called "Technician's Choice Black Fusion", so are you saying this one doesn't show up under that product line where you were looking?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Yeah I noticed the instructions included the statement: "Refer to MSDS before use"....but they sure didn't give us a MSDS, or make it easy to get one apparently!

This product is called "Technician's Choice Black Fusion", so are you saying this one doesn't show up under that product line where you were looking?
    Yes mam, no documentation at all. Tho it is definitely a "Technicians Choice" product.

Looks like a "good old bottle of snake oil" to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kona-Vs View Post
    I'm thinking it has something to do with the dispersal and the color particles not coming out the sprayer. Just take a look at surf-life's cladding, or some of Richard Payne's other VXs for sale. Richard has seen it being used for 6 months with good results. I'll have to reserve judgement until I try the 2nd bottle.....we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Kona-Vs View Post
    Don't be too quick to judge. All I did was dig their myriad of sites for product info.

To be fair, they do not post any actual MSDS sheets for any of their other products either, but they do have copious amounts of info for all of their products except "TEC70" which is the product in question.

Like sands through the hour glass... so are the cladding products we try.

Staying tuned for round 2...

I just got mine in and it worked just like they said!!!!!

My claddiing is in poor shape but after just one application it looks 100 percent better!!!! It took very little to do it and it was done in just a few minutes!!!! I say it is great stuff and on a VX that was in better shape than mine it would be worth it to use this product.!!!!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyfullen View Post
    My claddiing is in poor shape but after just one application it looks 100 percent better!!!! It took very little to do it and it was done in just a few minutes!!!! I say it is great stuff and on a VX that was in better shape than mine it would be worth it to use this product.!!!!
    Any before and after pics?
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

You sound like a saleman for the product.

I just got mine in and it worked just like they said!!!!!
    I hate you bobbyfullen!! j/k...figures, doesn't it, that I'd get the jacked bottle of stuff.... still waiting on the 2nd bottle...hopefully it didn't get frozen along the way.

as we have seen before

Many products look great right after application. Our concern are long lasting, repel dust not have it stick, no chipping, even coloring etc. Let us see how it looks with pics and then 6 months down the road as well.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Many products look great right after application. Our concern are long lasting, repel dust not have it stick, no chipping, even coloring etc. Let us see how it looks with pics and then 6 months down the road as well.
    Thats true, Back-to-black looks great for a couple hours before it wears off