Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TC Black Fusion cladding reconditioner - info & experience

You are right Kat

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I wouldn't jump to scam that quick Dave. Abusive shipping?...Yes, for sure, but seems that's the "norm" pretty much these days, especially on ebay.
    I felt much better knowing that Richard Payne has been using it for 6 months with good results. If it last 6 months, and darkens my clad a bit I'll be happy. If I don't like it, it apparently wears off...so I figured it's not too big of a risk. To properly "paint" my cladding to be a darker shade in a nice matte finish is around $600....I just can't justify that for me, so for $35 I thought I'd give 'er a go!
    My point wasnt is a scam but a caveat beware it may be one.

I am sure Richard is honest but as he has not had long term success with it yet after all aplying it and looking like new while not being driven and then sell it in a month or two and not seeing long term results I think his review may be short sighted and the result of immediate results. As for the shipping ebay allows you to report sellers (didnt notice the 3 rating) for excessive shipping and is being very active in curtailing that abuse. Not to say if you (who I trust) applys it and says 1 year later it was great I will order it (but not at that S&H rate) at least without reporting it. After all where do the dealers and all the detailers buy it? It hasnt been on ebay and no one else seems to have heard of it even our fellow members who are extremely stoked at keeping their VX looking awesome
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Man, I'm glad to hear they are trying to crack down on the shipping crap. What a bunch of malarky. Just price it what you want it to sell for.
    macintosh man

Got it today. Here's some pics & instructions.
    Interesting how much particulates and sediment there is at different levels. Must shake it well throughout use. Sorry instructions are so small...that's as big as I could get it.
    To the laboratory I go for experimentation.......

Last edited by VX KAT : 02/10/2011 at 11:10 AM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by technocoy View Post
    Man, I'm glad to hear they are trying to crack down on the shipping crap. What a bunch of malarky. Just price it what you want it to sell for.
    Actually, ebay has single-handedly created this problem because they upped the final value fees so much at the back end of the transaction. FVF are based on the selling price. So it's cheaper for the seller to "transfer" more of the costs into shipping/handling, thereby avoiding some of the FVF. In reality, just look at the total price + s/h and determine if that's what you're willing to pay for an item.

Didn't see anyone answer your question.. Our cladding material is polypropolyne

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    Didn't see anyone answer your question.. Our cladding material is polypropolyne
    Is that the same as the stuff Scott listed in Post #19?

Interesting. Well, not like we all thought that eBay was exactly the squeakiest of companies, I guess. Haha. Good to know the main reason though.

Actually, ebay has single-handedly created this problem because they upped the final value fees so much at the back end of the transaction. FVF are based on the selling price. So it's cheaper for the seller to "transfer" more of the costs into shipping/handling, thereby avoiding some of the FVF. In reality, just look at the total price + s/h and determine if that's what you're willing to pay for an item.

Is that the same as the stuff Scott listed in Post #19?
    Sort of.. Polypropylene is a material used to make a TPE or is a type of TPE (To be honest I donr know which)

all of the literature I have on the vx lists "raw polypropylene cladding"

I remember seeing it listed on Deermagnet's window sticker: "Anti-Chip Polyproplyene Body Cladding" (Exterior section center column.)

Sue I hope you'll try this out on your polypropylene trash bin first to make sure it's not a type of coating that will flake off. You've already done your time with flaky cladding treatments! Who knows what's in this stuff - could be 10 cents worth of boiled linseed oil, a flattening agent to soften the shine and a pinch of soot from the baghouse of the local coal-fired boiler to darken things up a bit...

As they say - test in an inconspicuous area!

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    I remember seeing it listed on Deermagnet's window sticker: "Anti-Chip Polyproplyene Body Cladding" (Exterior section center column.)

oh man, i must be tired.......i was thinking to myself "self, that is a goofie thing to put on a sticker on the center column......wonder if its above, or below the Vehicross logo"

haha!

UPDATE:
    Tested on a small piece of cladding I have (from when dub installed my hitch). I taped over half of it and sprayed exactly as listed. Shaking the bottle continuously. It turned out to be mostly CLEAR, and dried to a satin shine.

Did a 2nd coat next day, same thing, essentially CLEAR. Basically, looks just like Restore/Refinish..

Emailed the prez, said I hadn't heard from sales rep yet.

Sales rep called...explained they've switched to a flip top bottle (no spray pump I believe)....shouldn't be "clear"...should definitely have more black/charcoal color. Also said it may have been affected going over the Rockies in the severe cold weather during shipping.

Great, me and maybe the 3 other folks that ordered it, may have gotten a LEMON! He's sending me a replacement bottle. So make sure you test yours first (Can just spray it on a white plastic trash bag to see if it's putting out any significant color).

Stay tuned for the next installment!
    Last edited by VX KAT : 02/11/2011 at 07:07 PM

And people wonder why we treat new cladding products with such suspicion...

***___gotten a "dud?"