Thread: help with speaker sizes please

help withspeaker sizes please

Hello. In the process of building my new system Need to know the speaker sizes ??? can anyone please help?

what size are the speakers in the front doors and the rear panels? Thanks!]

PS See you all at King Richard's fair!
    Ironman

I believe 5.25" in the front and 4" in the rear... but PLEASE look it up somewhere on the net that can give you true sizing (maybe Cruchfield?).

I can tell you this... I would go with 6.5" front (if the magnet doesn't stick out too far in the back). I believe most who replace the fronts are going this route, and they definitely sound better. I went this way with my Infinity's a couple years ago and love them. I also cut the holes larger in the rear speaker brackets and installed 6.5's and they sound good as well.

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Adam(Dallas) is correct. With slight sanding, I was able to get 6.5s to fit in the front... and 5.25s in the rear with a lot of work. The rears require a lot of trimming, but it's not impossible. 30 minutes tops with a rotary tool and cutting discs.

Speakers for the rear...

BS....all you do for the rear is take out that spacer and the metal piece...then peel off that black covering over the slot in the body metal that looks like it could have been plans for 6x9's and then line up your 6x9's to it and drill required holes..and whoalaaah.. 6 1/2's in front and 6x9's in rear.....

oh, man...

some kicker resolution 6.5"s in the front AND the back! damn that will sound good... i can't wait to do mine as well. Maybe i'll even flush mount my second set of tweets in the back panels!

thanks for the inspiration guys!

technocoy
    macintosh man

Why would you want tweets in the back? All that's going to do is screw up your sound stage. Rear fill is intended to not be full range...

Speaker Sizes...

I had no problem putting 6 1/2's in the doors, as for the rear 5 1/4's required minor work just drilling 4 new holes but no trimming was required and everything snaps back together perfect when you're done. I am sure 6x9's can fit there, I've even seen it done, but I have no regrets, sound quality over the stock 5" speakers is phenominal. You will be able to crank up the volume without distortion once you finish this mod. BTW I used nothing but 3way coaxials throughout, the addition of a small mid range and tweeters in all 4 corners is awsome IMO When it comes to SQ there is really only one right way "the way you like it" .
    NAVIGATOR

I made 6x9's fit back there, then blew them. I'm now going back to my 6.5's... higher power rating and just sound better (to me).

Question Best Internal Speakers

To everyone, in your opinion, what Brand/model internal speakers puts out the best Quality music?
    I was told that Momo, Polk & Infinity are the best in that specific order.
    Last edited by Bantan : 09/12/2003 at 01:28 PM
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

I am planning on putting Infinity's in mine! I've heard a lot about MB quartz too, but for the price I'm definately sticking with Infinity's
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

The Momo's ARE Polks (I believe). I have Infinity's and (performance for the money), they rock!

Focal Utopias, and then Rainbow.

John C.

I am a huge fan of Orion equipment. I have 6.5" Separates installed in the front, and 2 x 12" Subs in the rear. The sound quality is incredible. Installing 6.5's in the front doors was a snap, but the tweeters and subs required some customization. I also sound dampened the entire interior. All in all, I spent a lot of money but it was well worth it!