Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber Hood Inserts & Other Parts.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Carbon Fiber Hood Inserts & Other Parts.

I've been talking with a guy locally where I live and he is doing molds for fiberglass and carbon fiber. I'm going to let him take parts off of my vehicle to make the molds. Unlike most custom applications for our vehicles, this will not require a certain amount of buyers, deadlines or money upfront to get this project going. The molds are being made to do parts on my vehicle and since they will be laying around his shop, is open to make: hood inserts, hood, cladding, and interior pieces for anyone else that would be interested. We are meeting tomorrow to discuss prices for each piece and I will post that price list tomorrow. He is wanting to know if anyone else would be interested and what you would want done, that way I can give up those pieces for the molds.

Also, in past post I know hood scoops have been an issue due to people with different taste. I asked about that as well and there is no problem doing different add-ons. You can have it stock or modified.

Carbon fiber can be done in different colors as well as the finished product being done in raw or clear.
    "Sometime Early, Never Late, But Always On Time"

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Mirror covers

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...753#post155753

Rear tail light covers...about half way down the page

http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi/exterior/exterior.htm
    Last edited by Mile High VX : 12/28/2010 at 06:35 PM
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    I've always loved the mirror covers, thats one of the parts I'm wanting done. The tail light covers are $250 from japan, plus shipping, if there would be enough people interested in those (carbon fiber, or painted fiberglass) I might bite the bullet and purchase a set to make molds, unless someone already has a set and wouldn't mind lending them out for a few weeks, I would pay for the shipping both ways.

carbon fibre

Quote Originally Posted by VX-13 View Post
    I've always loved the mirror covers, thats one of the parts I'm wanting done. The tail light covers are $250 from japan, plus shipping, if there would be enough people interested in those (carbon fiber, or painted fiberglass) I might bite the bullet and purchase a set to make molds, unless someone already has a set and wouldn't mind lending them out for a few weeks, I would pay for the shipping both ways.
    Put me down for some!!!!!!!!!!

Smile Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    HEY, SOME WONDERFUL STUFF BUT HOW WOULD ONE ORDER WITH THE LANGUAGE BARRIER? THANKS, RICH RICHARD@PAYNEINVESTMENTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD PAYNE View Post
    HEY, SOME WONDERFUL STUFF BUT HOW WOULD ONE ORDER WITH THE LANGUAGE BARRIER? THANKS, RICH RICHARD@PAYNEINVESTMENTS.COM
    The mirror covers will be a replica of my mirrors and the tail light covers I will have to buy from Japan and then make a mold of them, that way they can be made here and sold.

hood cladding or insert?the panel that the windshield washer nozzles mount in

Quote Originally Posted by vxfocus View Post
    hood cladding or insert?the panel that the windshield washer nozzles mount in
    I'm starting with my insert, but will also be making a mold of the hood too. Basically if I can take it off my Vehicross he is going to make a mold of it. I'm doing certain parts for mine, but willing to spare anything else for a mold if someone wants anything else. At least this way there will be someone that has molds of our limited run parts, to make replacements if something ever happens to our originals.

Put me down for a half moon piece...

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    We have a member here in Russia who is desperate for such a set of tail light covers..
    Vodka... Connecting people

I would like the interior door switch panel and door handle . In carbon fiber .

Sorry guys for postings so late, I put in a 12 hour day at work and didn't get to stop in the shop to get the price list. I've already called and set an appointment for tomorrow and will post it up around this time tomorrow. Also, just to let everyone know, in the next few weeks the VX will be garaged to get stripped for molds, so that gives everyone time to think of what it is they would like in the future. Everyone that has or will be posting I've wrote down the parts you would like in Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass and for now will be just getting prices for those and for the things that I'm doing that no one has mentioned yet.

Sorry for a late reply, I will get in touch with him and PM you an answer in the next few days
    NP, just let me know, seems it would save him a bunch of time.

And for those interested in the insert w/scoop here is a pic of my scoop
    And despite a great earlier debate.... it definately does cool the engine if you cut your hood undeneath inbetween hood supports. Keeps my S/C nice and cool.

Let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    I would like the interior door switch panel and door handle . In carbon fiber .
    You are talking interior door handle? Mine is falling apart I could use this as well (this does come apart right?)

Also interested in the tail light covers.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaVX View Post
    And for those interested in the insert w/scoop here is a pic of my scoop
    Sign me up.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Sign me up.
    x2