Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Engine starts up and dies

Quote Originally Posted by VXSetter View Post
    I am recently having the exact same issues as Baldwin describes here. I was wondering if you ever figured out or resolved this issue. Any guidance or additional info is greatly appreciated.
    More often than not from what I've seen this type of issue on a Vehicross has been solved by replacing the fuel pressure regulator. You could start off with an easier replacement project and change out the fuel filter first to see if that solves the problem though.

If you've ever gotten a bad batch of gas (watered down), the fuel filter would have captured that water and still have it inside. When there is water present in the fuel filter, fuel supply can become inconsistent.

Something else you could check would be the fuse/relay for the fuel pump. Similar symptoms used to occur on cars with mechanical fuel pumps because the diaphragms in those would develop a leak and they would not be able to supply adequate/consistent fuel pressure, but since we have an electric fuel pump, inconsistent power from a loose fuse/relay might cause similar symptoms.

I will throw something else out there. Have your alternator checked. Isuzu cranks off the battery they shifts to the alternator once it is running. If it is bad it will die right after cranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I will throw something else out there. Have your alternator checked. Isuzu cranks off the battery they shifts to the alternator once it is running. If it is bad it will die right after cranking.
    And on that note, checking other simple things like your battery connections couldn't hurt either.

I got the problem, starts and dies every time, can keep it running with acelerator pedal held partially down, make it idle like that. Very sudden but a total failure, I am going to check TPS and other things mentioned herein =(

new TPS sensor solved it quickly, simply device, just caput in an instant, worry about reliability if I'm out on the road far away without tools, never threw a code

You absolutely must check (or just replace) the FPR and the vacuum line to the FPR from the port back behind the engine. This vacuum line is kind of hidden and is subjected to a lot of heat that make it fracture and fail - If this line doesn't hold vacuum to the FPR, it will cause the exact problem you are having. Good Luck.