Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All Weather Floor Mats

All Weather Floor Mats

Has anyone found an all weather floor mat that they like and would recommend?

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    I've got the ones from WeatherTec and they fit great and have held up well in the CO winters.

I think I paid like $60 plus shipping...

Last edited by Mile High VX : 12/11/2010 at 09:04 AM
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

I also got the WeatherTech all weather mats, fit perfectly, and don't move around. Outer edge JUST fits a tiny bit under the lip of the black plastic sill, holds them down perfectly. Almost 2 yrs, no wear showing on the area where heal rubs....I'm impressed. Wipe 'em down once/yr with Aerospace 303 and they're back to brand new, dark, supple.

I have to admit I scored them for $16 from a Lexus dealership on ebay....they were relocating and selling inventory instead of moving it. But I'd pay full price if I had to, they're that nice.

These are the ones I got (for for the VX)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...s#ht_849wt_954
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thank you for the quick replies.

Mile High,
    It looks like WeatherTech is a good fit. Thanks for the photos.

VX KAT,
    The Ebay link you provided is for a Ford mat (model W19). Was the reference for example or is that the exact mat you have? Weathertech says the model W3 mat "fits" the VX.

Thanks again.
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoPope View Post
    Thank you for the quick replies.

Mile High,
    It looks like WeatherTech is a good fit. Thanks for the photos.

VX KAT,
    The Ebay link you provided is for a Ford mat (model W19). Was the reference for example or is that the exact mat you have? Weathertech says the model W3 mat "fits" the VX.

Thanks again.
    Frank
    it was just for reference...I got the ones that fit the VX, but that's the /style model I got (as well as Mile High), since they do make a few different styles.

Thank you for the clarification. I will order a set.
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    I've got the ones from WeatherTec and they fit great and have held up well in the CO winters.
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I also got the WeatherTech all weather mats, fit perfectly, and don't move around. Outer edge JUST fits a tiny bit under the lip of the black plastic sill, holds them down perfectly.
    I gotta disagree with you guys here, I also have these mats and they do NOT fit the way they should on the driver's side. You can see the problem on the extreme left of this picture:

The forward-left edge should either wrap around the dead-pedal area or be molded to go completely over it. These mats go partially up the dead pedal and leave a dead space to the right of it that collects dirt pretty badly. It may be nick-picking to some, but it's definitely NOT the custom fit that WeatherTech advertises. I'm planning to switch out to Hexomats whenever I get around to it... if somebody wants to make me an offer on my WeatherTechs that'd get me started in the right direction.

I bought these at autozone....

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...entifier=24363

They seem to do the trick.

x2

Got them off the rack at the local Auto Zone, trim to fit if/where necessary. Also came with two rectangular rear mats of the same material that fit just fine for the back seat. I think they are pretty much indestructable too.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    I bought these at autozone....

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...entifier=24363

They seem to do the trick.

x3

I was actually at Autozone yesterday and checked out this thread from my phone to make sure I picked up the right set. I was hoping for the black version, but they ran out. The grey fits nicely w/ the stock grey carpet and the fit is very good. In fact I'd say these fit a bit nicer than the weathertech ones based on the photo above. After 170k and 2 other owners, I was happy to trash the original isuzu mats in the dumpster last night.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    I gotta disagree with you guys here, I also have these mats and they do NOT fit the way they should on the driver's side. You can see the problem on the extreme left of this picture:

The forward-left edge should either wrap around the dead-pedal area or be molded to go completely over it. These mats go partially up the dead pedal and leave a dead space to the right of it that collects dirt pretty badly. It may be nick-picking to some, but it's definitely NOT the custom fit that WeatherTech advertises. I'm planning to switch out to Hexomats whenever I get around to it... if somebody wants to make me an offer on my WeatherTechs that'd get me started in the right direction.
    x2

I got some from a member here. The pattern on the drivers side is insufficient as well. I can see where Sue would like em, since she has a smaller foot. But if wearing boots, the heal sits right at the transition of the smaller squares to the lines. This makes for uncomfortable shifting of foot since there is no where for your heel to consistently rest. I wear a 10.5 boot, so no extra large foot or anything, probably the most common size for a man. They are also not custom fit. My parents have weathertech mats for their ford flex, those are custom fit. They are the tray style that have the 1" lip all the way around. They look like they are part of the truck.

On the other hand, my autozone mats that I cut to fit looked great, but I wore a hole through em in a year or so.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

i just ordered a front set from floormatguys.com.they say they are made to order and cover more floor than oem.i'll post pix when i get them

Def let us know, looks like they sell the Lloyd mats that are available all over the place:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Lloyd...=shop%3A1&aq=f

I don't know that anyone here has ever tried them, so post lots of pics when you get them!

Thumbs up

I picked up a set Of Stanley Maxtraction mats and they are awesome. Not really "pantsaver" design but are great for winter snow melt catch. They are a perfect fit for me and with a barbed back they don't move at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I picked up a set Of Stanley Maxtraction mats and they are awesome. Not really "pantsaver" design but are great for winter snow melt catch. They are a perfect fit for me and with a barbed back they don't move at all.
    pantsaver? Not sure I understand what you mean?