Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All Weather Floor Mats

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    pantsaver? Not sure I understand what you mean?
    Depends...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Depends...
    HA!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    HA!
    HA! ?

anyway, I mean the mat has no high ridges inside to keep the water trapped. mine just have high ridges along the perimeter so your feet are in water if you have LOTS of snow melt.
    if confused Confucius say google

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    HA! ?
    I was expressing my laughter at Ldub's comment of "depends?" to the term "pantsaver".

I thought it was hilarious. So I shared that emotion with a single, but profound "Ha!"

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    I was expressing my laughter at Ldub's comment of "depends?" to the term "pantsaver".

I thought it was hilarious. So I shared that emotion with a single, but profound "Ha!"
    Oops. Didn't intend to question you. Knew what your ha was and added mine.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    x2

I got some from a member here. The pattern on the drivers side is insufficient as well. I can see where Sue would like em, since she has a smaller foot. But if wearing boots, the heal sits right at the transition of the smaller squares to the lines. This makes for uncomfortable shifting of foot since there is no where for your heel to consistently rest. I wear a 10.5 boot, so no extra large foot or anything, probably the most common size for a man. They are also not custom fit. My parents have weathertech mats for their ford flex, those are custom fit. They are the tray style that have the 1" lip all the way around. They look like they are part of the truck.

On the other hand, my autozone mats that I cut to fit looked great, but I wore a hole through em in a year or so.
    So I sent a note to WeatherTech today on my mats...heel rest area now has a nice size hole and is worn out. They say they have a 10 year warrranty and they are committed to customer service...we'll see.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

I think I had my WeatherTech's for about 3 years before the accident and while I did have a very worn area in the driver's heel area it never went completely through. Maybe you got a defect? In any event they're high to guarantee that mat for 10 years, no way it would make it that long without showing massive wear.

Btw I did pick up a set of Hexomats for the front seats in my new VX. Fit is just as perfect as the Hexomat cargo and Hexomat rear seat mats that I already had, and they do great at catching liquids and sand (both the beach and Moab variety). And best of all they seem to wear much slower than the WeatherTech's for a comparable price. Once I get the sand cleaned out from my latest trip (just got back from the beach yesterday) I'll take pics for you guys.

For now here's a link to pictures of the cargo and rear seat mats:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...y.php/cat/3267

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    I think I had my WeatherTech's for about 3 years before the accident and while I did have a very worn area in the driver's heel area it never went completely through. Maybe you got a defect? In any event they're high to guarantee that mat for 10 years, no way it would make it that long without showing massive wear.
    I agree...I also seem to have a nice "dent" in the floor in that area. I pulled the carpet up in that area and nothing rotting in the floorboard area, but the insulation under the carpet was completely mashed down flat. I put some new padding in to take care of it. I think this is why mine developed a hole and not just wear....