Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If you got a CB Antenna please post pic.

Talking If you got a CB Antenna please post pic.

Hey all, if any of you guys have any pic's of a cb antenna on your lady, can you please post it if you don't mind. I'm trying to find a nice location for mine but not sure where to put it, and I would like to see some ideas, plus be kinda cool to see all the pic's anyways.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

mine is just on my roof bars with a drop down mount.

UP

DOWN

Oh and an old clos up with a certain young lady without thedrop down bracket

Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Mounted mine to my roof rack with an antenna mount. Super easy to install and remove if you need to (which I do to get into my garage).

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Beautiful ladies, my friends. How did you get the cable inside? If you don't mine me asking.

Mine runs straight down the door pillar (lips just behind the rear glass (you'll see it when you look) and goes in where the rubber seal meets the plastic interior panel, then behind that, under the driver seat and carpet to the dash

Not for an antenna, but you could run the cable through your spoiler like I did for my lights. I like where Mark has his. You could just drop the cable down and in.

Bart

down and in where nfpgas?

Coastie,
    I ended up zip tying the cable to my roof basket to get it over to the passenger side of the rear door. The cable then stretches over to the rear door and gets squeezed by the rubber around the door. Once inside I then tucked the cable behind the weather seal, drilled a small hole in the interior panel and then snaked the cable behind the interior panels to the passenger side kick plate, where I then fished it under the carpet under the passenger seat and under the carpet at the transmission tunnel, and finally poked it out behind the center console where it connects to the CB mounted to the passenger side of the transmission tunnel. Words are fine, but pictures are better:

Cable zip tied to roof basket.

Cable at roof basket and going to rear door.

Cable tucked behind weather seal and small hole drilled in rear of passenger side interior panel.

CB mounted to passenger side of transmission tunnel with antenna cable coming from behind center console.

Pics of the setup I had on my VX:

1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Ram Air, how do you like that Cb Radio, is it a good one?

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieCosta567 View Post
    down and in where nfpgas?
    If you remove the spoiler, there are holes in the roof already for the wiring for the brake light. I used that hole, and ran the wire down into the VX. Then you just need to pull (carefully) off the rear trim piece at the back of the headliner, just inside the back door. Your wire will come down in there, and then you can push it inbetween the headliner and the top of the trim, all the way forward to your A or B pillar. I think I ran mine down at the B pillar, and then under the plastic skuff plate on the driver's side, and then up through the firewall to my battery. In your case, you would just need a single coax cable to where ever your CB is going to be mounted.

Bart

I liked it, it worked good for what I wanted it for and fit where I wanted it

I keep mine on the roof rack for optimum range. As for the radio, I HIGHLY recommend the cobra 75WXST. The guts fit just fine inside the ebrake console, and then you can remove the mic for theft prevention. Its also pretty cheap, and you can add the guts to other vehicles for like 35 bucks, and share a mic. I have two mics that rotate between the 3 trucks. (VX, RS and F250)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Mounted mine on my Yakima roof rack, just like Mark did, except mines on the driver's side. And, yes, that is a Pink CB antenna!
    Had my handheld CB/mic combo mounted on the LEFT side of steering wheel, where the rheostat was.

Hmm, why is it that 2 of us have a certain young lady hanging on our CB antenna???.....Oh, you were away for a while...have you been introduced to Jo's ORW?

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    i mounted mine to the back door.... i always like the way it looked...

kinda hard to see, but this is the best pic i could find in my gallery
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden