Thread: DFW Meet 25th Oct.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DFW Meet 25th Oct.

Anyone interested in a DFW meet Friday 25th Oct.? Tone is coming up for the Rally training in Rockwall on Sat. 26th. Details: http://www.texasscca.org/Rally201Training1002.pdf
    There is also another Rallycross on Sun. 27th at the same location. Details (older flyer, but location and times should be the same): http://www.cricketlady.com/rallycross/march_rainout.pdf

Come on people the rest of the country is making the DFW'ers look like a bunch of wimps when it comes to getting together.

COunt me In

I'm up for it. Just give me a location and approx. time. Count me in for the rallycross on Sunday also! It's time to defend that 1st place I got last month! (sorry had to brag). I will be in Kansas from Wed. night to Sunday night w/no internet access So I will reply to any comments when I get back in Texas.

3C
    3C FORMERLY VX #1876
    www.triple-cs.com

So is Rally Training a spectator event ? I saw some video of a Rally where a black VX really ripped up the dirt. Looked really cool. Will Tone be in the Sunday Event ?

The training on Sat. is to train course workers in true club/pro rally situations. We will be setting up start/finish gates, working on timing/scoring, etc. There won't be any real racing on Sat. so spectating would likely be boring, but everyone is welcome to participate.

Sunday is the Rallcross which is a timed race through a course laid out in a field. For anyone who has not done this it is a total blast, I think I have CptnMorgan hooked. Most of the regional SCCA chapters have some sort of a program set up and you can get info at www.SCCA.org or there is a rally forum that posts about regional events at www.specialstage.com

Don't know if Tone is going to stay through Sunday for the RallyX or not.

Will your VX -or- the captn's VX be in the Rally ? on Sunday ...

Both of us.

Thumbs down

I don’t see any comments from the other Dallas area VXers = what’s up with that?

I’ll be coming up Friday afternoon so that evening would be a great opportunity to go out to dinner with a few of you or maybe meet at Dallas’ house to watch the blower install?
    Last edited by Tone : 10/18/2002 at 11:19 AM

Same old, same old . . . last few times I've posted a meet only CptnMorgan has responded to all of them.

Smile

I will try to make this one. I went to the one in Aug? or was it Sept? any ways I really had a blast, and I am looking forward to meeting Tone! any ways I will try, and sorry for the late response

So how'd the meet go?

Meet was good but unfortunately only one new (to me) owner was able to attend. Jason has a great, loud set of duals installed and a cool grill cover. Rally course training was cold and windy but quite informative.

Ok that grill cover was not on there when I met him at the rally cross. What did he use to do it?

VX69 what's your secret on the material used for that grill cover?

It is simple... It is an APC cut to fit grill, (you can get them in red, silver, and blue i think) But I do know you can get them at your local autozone, pepboys, and apc website. I believe the cost is $35 or so

Cool thanks! I recently tried the BBQ idea and scarpped it for lack of usefule tools to get an exact fit. Scrtched my grill and said $crew it!! I'll have to give this a try, maybe black paint?!?!

3C