Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wheels and Tires Help!

Wheels and Tires Help!

Hello All,

Can anyone out there tell me what size of wheels and tires i can put on my Vehicross without lifting it?

I want to put some mud tires on it and need to know how big i can go.

Thanks,

Dude... you REALLY need to use the search button. The members here are generally great about answering questions even if they've been asked a dozen times, but there are literally hundreds of threads on this topic that will be much faster and more informative to read than waiting to see who replies to this thread.

Just so you don't think I'm being mean... this was on the first page of the results...

'99 VX tires... how big can i go without a lift?

Using the search function on wiki will also provide you with some very good reading. For instance:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...highlight=wiki
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I just put new 16x8 wheels with bf goodrich 265 75 16 mud terrain km2 tires.... after doing ALOT of research, thanks to the nice people here at vx.info, to me, this was the best combo if you are not doing a lift, or at least not right now.
    i think these tires are super rugged and aggressive looking, they got great write-ups, were reasonably priced and look awesome shoved under the wheel wells, with minimal trimming.

also, if u do end up doing a lift, they will still be plenty big enough with a lil more room...
    damn site won't let me post a pic...

if u go in my ride pics, you'll see what i'm talking about.
    got the wheels and tires at www.buywheelstoday.com. under $1100, mounted, balanced and shipped to my door

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Just so you don't think I'm being mean... this was on the first page of the results...

'99 VX tires... how big can i go without a lift?
    x2. Thanx VT. Posting #4 of the mentioned thread should answer your question(s).

Thanks,

Thanks for the help. Did you do the cladding yourself? How was it? Did you use the dark grey solution? Can you use the black solution? I have the same color vehicross. I think Black would look a lot better then the grey now.

Quote Originally Posted by mike nomy View Post
    I just put new 16x8 wheels with bf goodrich 265 75 16 mud terrain km2 tires.... after doing ALOT of research, thanks to the nice people here at vx.info, to me, this was the best combo if you are not doing a lift, or at least not right now.
    i think these tires are super rugged and aggressive looking, they got great write-ups, were reasonably priced and look awesome shoved under the wheel wells, with minimal trimming.

also, if u do end up doing a lift, they will still be plenty big enough with a lil more room...
    damn site won't let me post a pic...

Did you already get the new tires?....

I saw you yesterday turning off of conrey onto fields ertel and it looked like you had new tires......and a roof rack too.

Looks good.

i put some 265-60-18 bf Goodrich long trail ta on mine about a year ago. There is plenty of room they look good, and i didn't have to cut any cladding, It gives about a 4mph slower reading that than the actual speed is. i like how to tires handle especially in the snow
    Roads.... Where Were Going We Don't Need Roads!

I heard you could stuff 44's with a BFH and some light-medial cladding trim work.

Quote Originally Posted by WHODEY View Post
    Thanks for the help. Did you do the cladding yourself? How was it? Did you use the dark grey solution? Can you use the black solution? I have the same color vehicross. I think Black would look a lot better then the grey now.
    Yes, i did the cladding myself, with gatorback spray. i put up a thread about it. it really was easy n for someone like me, quite fun... and yes i used black, not grey, i liked the way it looks with the black wheels...
    lots of people have lots of different opinions about the gatorback, but i really love the results. and although it has only been a few weeks since i've used it, i don't think that it will be chipping or fading anytime soon. someone actually "tapped" my back bumper in the parking lot at work yesterday, n nothing happened to the finish at all....
    i don't know y, but for some reason, the site won't let me add pictures to this post...... i thought making a contribution to the site made u better lol....

i still say that 265 75 16 r def the way to go cause they look awesome stuffed under the lip, but if u add a lift, they won't look tiny

Quote Originally Posted by mike nomy View Post
    i don't know y, but for some reason, the site won't let me add pictures to this post...... i thought making a contribution to the site made u better lol....
    Upload them to your gallery using the links in the tool bar on the forum and then you can add pics from your gallery to the thread.

Sam, how much do you think i could sell the rims i have? Crazy but true...i have the same exact wheels as you do. I bought the car with them on.

All, Im currently looking to get some MT's wheels and tires. How cool would these tires look on these rims!!! I hope Santa is generous this year!

http://www.buywheelstoday.com/produc...MTZ+Radial.bwt

http://www.buywheelstoday.com/produc...28Black%29.bwt

Mike, did you use the gatorback spray that comes in the aerosol cans? If so...how many cans did you have to use?

Jamas, I think i saw your ride a couple weeks ago. Is it not a Ferrari anymore? lol. A buddy of mine said there is a yellow one somewhere in liberty township...ive never seen it around.

Quote Originally Posted by WHODEY View Post
    Sam, how much do you think i could sell the rims i have? Crazy but true...i have the same exact wheels as you do. I bought the car with them on.
    I think I got them on clearance for around 70 or 80 bucks each. I think you should be able to get 200 bucks for the set if they're in decent shape, but that's just my 2 cents.