Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: She is retired! Slightly from being a d.d.

She is retired! Slightly from being a d.d.

I finally was able to retire the VX from daily driving. Its been a great 50,000 miles but I want to baby it more and not drive it ALL of the time. I deliver pizza for my families pizza joint and was putting senseless miles on it this last year. But talk about advertisement for restaurant with a VX delivering pizza. I plan to slowly take it more towards off road only, and purchase another one or an 04 Axiom or both.

I finally gave up on saying I was going to have time to fix my other car so I sent my Firebird to a mechanic and its done and back into the shape I left it 4 years ago. Other than the fact that 4 year old gas is still cycling through. It has a rough start here or there but they are becoming fewer and further between.

At almost 50 looks and zero comments...this slowly fuels my thoughts of discontinuing my posting here.

Hi J!!!!!!
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Seriously though, glad to see you got her semi-retired. That pizza delivery thing had to be hell, but your right about it being good for business. Just make sure you tell people if the pizza gets cold because your outside talking to me about my truck, it's not our fault! What year is your firebird? I'm wanting to buy another Camaro soon for my project toy and thinking about using it for a DD for a bit until the VX gets some "updates" and then start tearing into the Camaro. I wouldn't worry too much about the looks/comments thing around here. I've noticed sometimes you'll get a TON of replies and then nothing for awhile. This site isn't as "active" as some of the other ones I am on.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Good call, keep the Ironmans fresh for world domination!!! I currently have a 350z as my "summer car" but decided recently that i'm selling it for something I can happily drive everyday. If I don't have to depend on the VX as the daily driver thoughout the winter, I can build it more for offroading and not worry about putting it through the harsh winter driving.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Good call, keep the Ironmans fresh for world domination!!! I currently have a 350z as my "summer car" but decided recently that i'm selling it for something I can happily drive everyday. If I don't have to depend on the VX as the daily driver thoughout the winter, I can build it more for offroading and not worry about putting it through the harsh winter driving.
    VX & 350Z... good combo!...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It feels good to retire your VX, eh? Mine has been a garage queen for over a year now and all I have to do is work on all the little issues that need fixing. I'm gonna shine her up and make her look brand new and drive her once or twice a month from here on out.

Bart

PS - J, don't discontinue posting on here because no one replied right away, its just the way she goes sometimes!!

I wouldn't worry too much about the looks/comments thing around here. I've noticed sometimes you'll get a TON of replies and then nothing for awhile. This site isn't as "active" as some of the other ones I am on.
    Yeah, it seems like unless it's a birthday thread or another "what wheels fit" thread, then no one wants to talk about stuff. But why not drive the VX? As long as you aren't damaging the body or the interior, it's pretty easy to fix or replace any of the wear parts.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Nice huh? Now put it in the garage for Sunday driving and run that DD into the ground. Sadly, my paid off VX is in the garage but my DD still runs me a $500 a month payment.

But Sundays are lovely.... free-spirited.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

What is this 'garage' thing Y'all speak of?

I do have a storage room in the basement of the house with a large door that opens to the driveway ... never been able to fit a car in there though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!
    A vx and a z. Wow. A man after my own heart. Oops, didn't mean to be a thread jacker.
    *VX CHIC*

Hey J., Good to see ya ease the Ironman off pizza delivery, that's tough duty. My VX has been on a lift now for several months (in a buddies bldg. where he stores collector cars). Good thing is, obviously no miles being put on her and I got to see how really clean she is underneath, not one fluid leak.
    I will admit though I need to get her down and take her out and let her stretch a little. I may even take her up to 65mph in the left lane on I-4 for a few miles. Doing that always saddens me a little because of seeing all the Veterans driving these days, two or three always pass me and wave and only have one finger on their hand.....sad really sad.
    Oh, and don't feel bad about all the looks and no post, sometimes I have to read things several times before I come up with anything important to say.
    Last edited by handeeman : 09/20/2010 at 11:59 AM
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Yep, good for you. I put about 10k a year on my VX and am trying to keep the mileage down as much as possible. Cannot afford another vehcle just yet. In a car accident on 8/31 and I just found out on Friday that she IS repairable. I was so sad to think that this young rare VX would be off the streets well before her time. That would be a tragedy!

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    At almost 50 looks and zero comments...this slowly fuels my thoughts of discontinuing my posting here.
    My, but some people are soooo sensitive! That's right, I forgot, we live in an "It's all about me" age don't we? Pardon me whilst I go stare in the mirror and tell myself how IMPORTANT I am...

Damn, that was supposed to be the "In my head" post...sorry!!
    Vixer Fixer

Ha

I was driving down the interstate the other day and on lifting the throttle and coasting for a while the front end made a terrible vibrating/rubbing/grinding noise. I have no idea what it was though. That made me think a little of finding something else to drive daily incase this breaks down, since the other car I own is not worthy of daily duties... having a DD would be nice. What year/trim firebird you got?