Thread: Rodeo Parts for VX???

Rodeo Parts for VX???

Hey All,
    I just got my VX over to the Big Island of Hawaii. I was parked out in front of our property while I hacked a trail under the trees. My Neighbor from across the street came over to check my rig out and introduce himself. Come to find out he has a Rodeo that hes gonna scrap out sitting on his property and he said I can have what ever I want from it or the whole thing even.
    SOooo, my question which if any parts can I use from a Rodeo on the VX??
    Or if there is already a thread on this can someone point me to it.
    Thanks for any help you can give.

One more ??? while Im still up and thinking about it.
    Do the Snowflake style rims come on Rodeo?
    I saw a trooper a few days ago with some and I saw a Rodeo for sale with some on it.
    Again thanks for any help.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    The dash bezel & all the switches/switch blanks & ash tray are the same...

Also the front hubs/rotors/calipers.

The rear axle may be the same too, along with lower links/upper link/panhard bar...not sure if the rear spring rate is the same.

All this is dependent upon what year Rodeo it is...

Ldub is right, the VX is mostly trooper based, but seems to a bastard of Zu parts. If its just by your house, just do some quick parts checks, and be kind enough to start a thread of what corresponds. That would make my yard scavenging a lot more efficient, and I could get parts for those that need em.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

If it's a 98+ with the 3.2 all the engine stuff should swap over for the most part, the transmission itself should work if it's an auto 4x4 trans, the wheels/tires will work, and a few misc. interior pieces (like fog light switches, different dash switches etc), if it's a 95.5-97 the whole dash is the same (aside from the gauge cluster itself but the lense would swap over) and they have a switch panel where our fuzzy cubby hole is. Also on the 98+ for suspension parts, the upper ball joints should interchange (I think they are the 3 hole ones). Not positive on much else as far as suspension on it. I know the steering is rack-n-pinion on the 98+ so nothing from it would work on ours.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

the ABS module works out of some of the rodeos, check that, its a very expensive and popular part!

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Thanks a lot guys. Im going to an open house around 12 and then Im gonna see if I can hook up with my neighbor. My tools and the rst of my stuff I shipped over should be here next week till then all my only tools are things like my chainsaw and weed eater. Not much use for pulling parts. Ill see what I can scrounge from his Rodeo and post up what I find.

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    If it's a 98+ with the 3.2 all the engine stuff should swap over for the most part, the transmission itself should work if it's an auto 4x4 trans, the wheels/tires will work, and a few misc. interior pieces (like fog light switches, different dash switches etc), if it's a 95.5-97 the whole dash is the same (aside from the gauge cluster itself but the lense would swap over) and they have a switch panel where our fuzzy cubby hole is. Also on the 98+ for suspension parts, the upper ball joints should interchange (I think they are the 3 hole ones). Not positive on much else as far as suspension on it. I know the steering is rack-n-pinion on the 98+ so nothing from it would work on ours.
    Nice to know, I believe any of the wide stance ZUs upper ball joints would fit? Not sure why you would get used ball joints, since new ones are like 40 bucks a pair on Ebay, but hey, just in case.
    I wonder if you could fit the center console out of a rodeo into the VX? I am gonna have to measure that and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Nice to know, I believe any of the wide stance ZUs upper ball joints would fit? Not sure why you would get used ball joints, since new ones are like 40 bucks a pair on Ebay, but hey, just in case.
    I wonder if you could fit the center console out of a rodeo into the VX? I am gonna have to measure that and see.
    I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to retro fit, I remember taking mine apart in my 97' and after having the VX's apart the mounting seems REAL similar. Ya I don't know why you would want used joints but thought I'd throw it out there.

No Luck with meeting up with my neighbor yet .
    Long weekend on Hawaii and everything is closed and everyone is at the beach.
    Im hoping this week sometime.

Meet up with my neighbor at last. Come to find out
    he has two Rodeos... Both early 90s and 2wd.
    One already has its engine pulled. Ill see what I can find
    for parts off of them.