Thread: Heater

Heater

Well I took my VX off-roading a couple days ago, It handles like a dream out there, anyway I went to turn my heater on to warm up my car yesterday morning and I turned it up to full blast and my car started rumbling and the dashboard was shaking. Dont know if I knocked something loose when I took her out? Was wondering if anyone had any idea what I did to her?The help is appreciated. Thanks
    If you never stand up for anything, you will fall for everything

Since living out in Arizona, I'm not sure what this "heater" thing is you're talkin' about...

It sounds like the blower motor might be on it's way out... Or, something fell down inside it, like a small screw, etc. (you can get to the blower motor by taking the glove-box out)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks! Ill take a look at that tonight. Hopefully it is just a screw. Dont need any more problems considering my cooling fan just went, and my ABS lights been on for about two months now.

When you pull the fan you will find it is a "hamster wheel" type of fan. Try cleaning it out and lubing it.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Hol_VX View Post
    Thanks! Ill take a look at that tonight. Hopefully it is just a screw. Dont need any more problems considering my cooling fan just went, and my ABS lights been on for about two months now.
    Don't worry about the ABS light ... half of us are probably runnin' around with it on. My braking system works great and the light has been on for 4 months.
    The next time you'll have to worry about it might be for a new inspection sticker... (does Ma. still make you go through all that every couple years? It's been awhile since I lived back there)

(does Ma. still make you go through all that every couple years? It's been awhile since I lived back there)

So I removed the glove box yesterday and took a look. Wasnt able to do much else only cause I didnt have the tools. I can see everything vibrate
    when I turn the blower on high. Ill have to try to take it apart Tuesday when I can get into the shop on Base.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    When you pull the fan you will find it is a "hamster wheel" type of fan. Try cleaning it out and lubing it.

You think a dirty fan could cause the whole dashboard to rumble?

Very possible...kind of like a tire out of balance...only on a smaller scale