Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is the biggest tire that will fit?

Hey V- this sounds great, can't wait to see it all....ALL!

Reminds me, wanted to ask...you've been a member here about year and a half, but just now really picked up posting and mods....lots of mods.....suddenly get inspired? Win the lottery finally?.....You finally catch the VX virus from one of us?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Hey V- this sounds great, can't wait to see it all....ALL!

Reminds me, wanted to ask...you've been a member here about year and a half, but just now really picked up posting and mods....lots of mods.....suddenly get inspired? Win the lottery finally?.....You finally catch the VX virus from one of us?
    Well, it's like this. I got my VX back in '99 or early '00 - I'd have to pull files to verify the date - and took really good care of her for lots of years. Some time in '07 or so, she developed an engine rattle which turned out to be terminal. So I mothballed her for a while, willing to neither sell her, nor commit the funds to get her rolling again. During that time, mind you, I declined MANY offers to buy, knowing one day I'd get her going again.

That day came when I joined our beloved forum, with my inaugural posts being about engine replacement. She's been back on the road for about a year now. And since then, I've been aggregating all the parts and accessories (and money) to "do it once and do it 'right.'" And "right" is in quotes because this is purely subjective, of course. But I hope my friends here will approve of what I believe are tasteful mods.

I figure that it'll take less time, money and stress to get everything installed while she's already in pieces, anyway. The fender-bender back in end Nov/early Dec meant that all the exterior stuff get done first. That was finished last week, with the exception of the nerf and safari bars, and the cladding restoration(which will be the finishing touch - no point risking the installers scuffing things up).

She goes in on Tuesday for a full interior strip, electronics package installation and refinishing.

So, put simply, I'm just an obsessive whacko like the rest of us with his own way of doing things.

-V

EDIT: Okay, so I checked. I purchased her on 10/31/2000. I can't believe I forget that detail... I went to the dealership to take delivery dressed up as The Crow.
    Last edited by Vendetta : 02/12/2012 at 01:19 PM
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Well, it's like this. I got my VX back in '99 or early '00 - I'd have to pull files to verify the date - and took really good care of her for lots of years. Some time in '07 or so, she developed an engine rattle which turned out to be terminal. So I mothballed her for a while, willing to neither sell her, nor commit the funds to get her rolling again. During that time, mind you, I declined MANY offers to buy, knowing one day I'd get her going again.

That day came when I joined our beloved forum, with my inaugural posts being about engine replacement. She's been back on the road for about a year now. And since then, I've been aggregating all the parts and accessories (and money) to "do it once and do it 'right.'" And "right" is in quotes because this is purely subjective, of course. But I hope my friends here will approve of what I believe are tasteful mods.

I figure that it'll take less time, money and stress to get everything installed while she's already in pieces, anyway. The fender-bender back in end Nov/early Dec meant that all the exterior stuff get done first. That was finished last week, with the exception of the nerf and safari bars, and the cladding restoration(which will be the finishing touch - no point risking the installers scuffing things up).

She goes in on Tuesday for a full interior strip, electronics package installation and refinishing.

So, put simply, I'm just an obsessive whacko like the rest of us with his own way of doing things.

-V

EDIT: Okay, so I checked. I purchased her on 10/31/2000. I can't believe I forget that detail... I went to the dealership to take delivery dressed up as The Crow.
    WOW V! Are you an original owner then? What dedication, and patience you have!

-

Here's some nanner's to you my friend! Can't wait to see all this!

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT
    WOW V! Are you an original owner then? What dedication, and patience you have!
    Professionals call it "OCD." I'm not the "original owner," per se, but I bought the car from a dealer whose owner drove it for a while. Oddly enough though, the sale documents (which I had to pull to satisfy my own curiosity) read "NEW VEHICLE." I have ~88K on the odo as of now, ~4K of which are on the new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT
    ...Can't wait to see all this!
    Neither can I, Kat - neither can I.

-V