Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: The last CV you'll ever need....maybe

Couple ?????? that maybe you asked...
    "a set"...is that left AND right? If so that is the same as a new oem set. So that is good!
    will the cv joints have a higher degree of flex than the stock?

and lastly a huge thanks for keeping the ball rolling on this and following up!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    They are anticipating that these half shafts will be in the ball park of $1800 for the set.
    whoa, how much is that SAS costing you again Ascinder?

I knew they would be expensive but closer to $1K rather than $2K. At least they look impressive
    Last edited by VXorado : 12/30/2010 at 06:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    "a set"...is that left AND right?

That's what it sounded like

If so that is the same as a new oem set. So that is good!

I'm sure that for Toy-toters (which they specialize in) that's not the case.

will the cv joints have a higher degree of flex than the stock?

'Sposed to ... lots more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post

I new they would be expensive but closer to $1K rather than $2K. At least they look impressive
    That's basically the price for all of their half shafts. Remember these are completely re-engineered to be bullet proof & high performance.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post

I new they would be expensive but closer to $1K rather than $2K. At least they look impressive
    If that price is for both then its not a bad deal at all! ! Give your local stealership a call and price oem shafts.

Sean is supposed to have a driver side half shaft ready for me in 4-6 weeks. Price is $900 plus shipping. Only ordering the one side for now since insurance is paying.

I'll keep you posted.

I finally got ahold of Sean again. He's supposed to call me back tomorrow with an estimate on the completion date. Keep fingers crossed.

I give up.

We've been working with them for 7 months now & have nothing to show for it.

I just left Craig another voicemail. Told him that they've just lost a $900 sale.

I've left 6 voicemails in the past 2 weeks with NO returned phone calls. I did manage to talk to Sean & he was supposed to call me back the next day ... he didn't.

Not sure what kind of business practice this is supposed to be but it ain't working.

I'll wait a couple of days & try to contact them again asking for the return of my OEM half shafts. I guess I'll get them rebuilt for the insurance claim.

BTW, if anyone wants to start calling to see if they have any better luck: 815-877-7473 option 1 for Craig. Option 3 & then 7326 for Sean.

I haven't posted but I've been calling them too up until a few weeks ago I gave up.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

The repair shop tried calling and online messaging them for a month & then gave up.

Well, I finally got my OEM half shafts back from RCV on Friday except that one inner race and one shaft (between the inner & outer CV) was missing. Rekin I'll start calling them again today.

Need to start calling a few bone yards too & see if I can get the missing pieces there as well. Now that I know that Troops & Passports probably share the same shaft, I'm hoping I'll have some luck.

The only problem with all that, the trooper/slx shaft, although the same length, has a different spline count when it comes to swapping the ball and cages between cvs. Huge PITA. It is doable though, I still use my frankenstein CV. Not sure what parts came from where, we had an airbag full of cv joints that we went through to make it work.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I have some miscellaneous CV parts from my old set that I was gonna toss in the trash. What parts are you missing, the cage & knuckle on the rzeppa joint?

That would be great VXorado.

I need the inner race & the half shaft pictured below The inner race is what some have called "the Star" in the past & the half shaft is the short axle between the inner & outer CVs.

If ya got'm, I'll gladly pay shipping & make an extra site donation in your honor.

Pretty sure I have those. I'll check for ya after work today