First off, I just need to extend a HUGE THANKS to VXKat. She was instrumental in making this happen for me smoothly. Thanks, Sue. VX.info ROCKS!

This all started a couple weeks ago. I was sitting at work, bored, as per usual, and like an idiot, I was cruising Craigslist for "Isuzu". As it happened, this POS popped up.

I thought to myself, "you know, I've never driven an Isuzu car, so what the heck, I'll go take a test ride."

This poor 89 Impulse was BEAT. Whoever owned it prior did some HORRID things to it. It had a lot of problems, both mechanical and cosmetic. Despite this, the car was really quite a treat to drive, and I was immediately hooked with the the Impulse bug. I now wanted one. So, natually, I joined Isuzone.org to get more info on the (JR) Impulse. After a few rounds on my thread, I got a PM from a guy named John down in Arizona who claimed to have a 1987 Special Edition RS Turbo Impulse he was thinking of selling. We went back and forth for a couple weeks, and the rest is history.

I contacted VXKat and she kindly agreed to take a look at the car for me and facillitate delivering payment. This way, I had a trustworthy 3rd party opinion to help me.

The deal was done and I took delivery of the car yesterday. She is in amazing condition for her age. The interior is damn near spotless, and everything works. She needs new tires and an alignment, as well as a little TLC here and there, but all is great with the car. Only 55,000 original miles!! Crazy.

I'm sure some of you will immediately wonder what happened to the Falcon. Well, nothing yet, but she is on the chopping block. In a nut shell, I decided the Falcon restoration is much more than I want to handle. The restoration of this car will likely cost me $40,000+ and several years of my life. I came to this realization a while back, and I have been trying to sell it for the last 5 months or so. I'm going to loose my arse on the deal, but we all make mistakes. Someday, I may buy another one, in much better condition. But for now, I am going to bask in full Isuzu geekdom with my Trio of Zus.

Bart