Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "I Fixed My Sig" aka "Zu Trio" aka "My Name is Bart and I'm a Zuoholoic"

Quote Originally Posted by djvx View Post
    The more I look at it the more it looks "ahead of its time" I think it aged well. It's similar to the VW Scirocco,
    Yup, that's cause the same guy designed all three of these around the same time:

There's definitely a clear resemblance.

What's REALLY cool is the Audi Asso di Picche:

Glad to see it go to a GREAT HOME, and not scooped up by a punk kid who would have destroyed it!
    Yeah, its funny how so many of these fall prey to young ricer kids who throw every cheap mod at it and tune it to DEATH. I saw SEVERAL that met their doom this way when I was looking. Sad indeed.

On a side note, how does one score a job that they can sit around,be bored, and buy cars they dream about You got it made Bart....Must be nice
    Computers. Get into computers. Seriously though, my job is feast of famine all the time. I might have 2 weeks where literally NOTHING happens except maybe I help someone make a shortcut on their desktop, and then I will have a week of sheer hell where it seems like EVERYTHING breaks all at the same time. Its just a roller coaster at my job I guess. I'm the only guy supporting my place and my boss works at another facility, so as long as I do my job and show up everyday, I basically manage myself. It is cush, I must admit. How else can you get a post count like mine??

Bart

Excellent find Bart! Don't you dare paint it another color
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    So tell me, you think you can burn Linda's Porsche with this?
    According to Joe Isuzu, the Impulse should be able to hit 950 miles per hour. Burning the Porsche should be no problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic0UejzZDZ8

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    I just KNEW someone was going to make a comment like that. Honestly, I REALLY wanted a black 89 with a sun roof, but when this one became available, I just knew it was the one. There are so few of these for sale nowadays, and most of the ones out there are riced out and hacked up. So this was a choice opportunity. I had to pull the trigger. And I must say, the white looks good. I love the retro rims.

Bart
    Yeeeerrr Welcome!!! It's what I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Forgot to post this pic...it was like a block away from the guy selling the Impulse....obviously it was meant to be Bart's!

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Wow, awesome!!!

Bart

I've got a Dallas ave sign that I found after hurricane Ivan in Pensacola took the sign down lol
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Dont do this to me.....I am starting to like your gen Impulse more and more. Still leaning towards the second gen. Love the headlights on the second gen.

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Dont do this to me.....I am starting to like your gen Impulse more and more. Still leaning towards the second gen. Love the headlights on the second gen.
    See, imo, the ONLY cool looking thing about the gen 2 Impulse is the headlight line. Everything else I just can't get with for some reason. I don't know what it is, but its probably because of the Geo Strom. I think they're kinda horrible looking. Simply not my taste. I think there was definitely a shift that took place in the early 90s to a more rounded/bubbly design with just about all automobiles. Even the 2nd gen Troopers have a more rounded, less angular look to them, which I have never liked. They can be MADE to look rugged and cool, but out of the box they look like they belong in a grocery store parking lot. I guess for me, the 2nd gen Impulses have that
    90s look to them, that is a major stigma for me. Just like the 90s Mustangs. They went from one of the meanest looking American made muscle cars, to a design that just COMPLETELY turns me off.

To this day, there is VERY LITTLE on the new market that interests me car wise. The VX was a little diamond in the rough. There STILL hasn't been a car or SUV that is moderately priced with such aggressive, unique, and fresh looks. The VX is old now, but it still definitely stands out, as we all know.

For me, I never REALLY gave the Impulse much thought. That changed in about 5 seconds after I drove the local one for sale here. Even though the one I drove was in terrible physical shape, it still drove well, and I was surprised with its zippy attitude. I was immediately hooked. I suppose the seed was planted for me a while back though, when I started thinking about buying a car that gets better fuel economy. I didn't think of the Impulse, nor did I really plan on buying another car anytime soon. It just happened. The timing couldn't have been worse, but at the same time, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get such a nice, original one with low miles.

The worst part is, I want another one, just like I want another Trooper, and another VX. I need help.

Bart
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 08/17/2010 at 12:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    It just happened. The timing couldn't have been worse, but at the same time, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get such a nice, original one with low miles.

The worst part is, I want another one, just like I want another Trooper, and another VX. I need help.

Bart
    Son, I'm gonna slap you upside da head! If there is anything to learn in life it is to not end up like ME in anyway!!!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

According to Joe Isuzu, the Impulse should be able to hit 950 miles per hour. Burning the Porsche should be no problem.

That music is going to be playing in my head everytime I think of Bart driving the impulse. It's like his post apocalyptic retro funking bebop soundtrack.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Quote Originally Posted by PittVXr View Post

Ya see Bart , there is what those neighborhood cones are for!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Son, I'm gonna slap you upside da head! If there is anything to learn in life it is to not end up like ME in anyway!!!
    LOL, I know, I know. But why wouldn't I want to be another Lord of the Cock Rings?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    That music is going to be playing in my head everytime I think of Bart driving the impulse. It's like his post apocalyptic retro funking bebop soundtrack.
    Nice, that music is funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Ya see Bart , there is what those neighborhood cones are for!
    Hmmm, good idea. The Lotus suspension can definitely handle it!!

Bart

Thumbs up

I'm with you bart on the '90s Mustangs & the 2nd generation Impulse...never cared for the 2nd gen Impulse/storm.

I had a neighbor during the '80s that had a silver Impulse when I had my "Knight Rider" '82 Trans Am and always liked his Impulse.

I bet you liked the Chrysler Conquest TSI Turbo/Mitsubishi Starion coupes too? If you don't remember them...google it up and take a look!

I almost bought a black Chrysler Conquest TSI Turbo a few years back...wanted a stick though and it was an auto.

Congrat's on the car...and I think "white" would be a good change of pace for you! lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Dude that thing is suhweet! I can't believe I'd never heard of it.

Edit: Forgive the ****ty tint job in the first pic.