Thread: I guess that's what I deserve...

I guess that's what I deserve...

for cheatin' on the VX and spending time with the 350z.

The Z did not have a subwoofer in it so I took on the challenge... took half the interior apart, wired and installed the amp, checked all connections.

Everything was lookin' good, so I began the reinstalling of interior. Got to the part where I was actually attaching the sub (built in spot behind driver's seat) and while drilling the 3rd of 4 screws, my drill bit snapped and I slipped and I put a 2 inch rip RIGHT IN my brand new subwoofer!!

That's enough to make a grown man cry....

So, after playin' around in the sweat-box I call a garage, I now have a brand new, broken sub in the Z... so much for good intentions!

Please let me know if anyone has a 10" sub collecting dust that they would like to get rid of.... otherwise, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet (and my pride) and get another new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Didnt anyone tell you?
    The VX exerts a powerful mystical force that demands our complete attention on it at all times. Lucky you didnt get hurt.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Anita View Post
    Didnt anyone tell you?
    The VX exerts a powerful mystical force that demands our complete attention on it at all times. Lucky you didnt get hurt.

jajaja x2
    Dakar was just the begining.

wow... only 2 responses to my f*** up?

I expected a lot more wise ***, snide remarks.... I'm highly disappointed in everyone

Next thing you know you'll get a flat in the VX and curb rash all your G-Unit 20" wheels...

shoot, I don't even have to actually hit a curb to get curb rash...
    One would think that since we don't deal with front out here in Az, the roads would be nice & smooth. Well, just driving around out here, the 19's on my Z look as if Ray Charles has been takin' it out for a spin...

I'm originally from Mass, and I think they take better preparations in laying down the road-bed when making roads... but you can't make me go back to the freezing, rain, snow, etc!

The old "subwoofer behind the driver's seat" trick, huh? I put a 10" JL Audio sub behind the seat of my 350Z Roadster, and LOVED the back massage I always got while listening to music.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

I needed a 10" sub woofer (just the speaker) for my home entertainment center. Of course Best buy and others ICE shops like that wanted a arm and a leg. Fortunately, we have a electronic resource shop in town, you know the kind that sell all the bit's that make up the end item we buy. Got a very good sub woofer for 40 bucks or so. Just something to keep in mind if you have one of these shops handy
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Why not just fix (recone) the woofer? I reconed all of my Bose 501's about a decade ago, and they still sound great. Not hard to do, and the kits are fairly cheap. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=speaker+repair+recone+kit
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Aw, come on...just break out the duct tape!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Aw, come on...just break out the duct tape!
    funny thing is.... that would probably work! I think I just might put a piece on it just to get by for awhile. won't be able to crank it to 11...