Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: rear seat fold up

rear seat fold up

Maybe I'm denser than previously thought, but when I fold my back seats up to put my dogs in there, the thing doesn't lock into place... what am I missing or doing wrong? I had to get a bungee cord and run through the locking mechanism on the bottom of the seats to each side of the truck's O-Sh*t handles to keep it from smashing my poor puppies feet!

Here's the poor victims of the back seat problems I'm having. All the want is to ride with me to the park in safety!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    I had to get a bungee cord
    You're just trying to redeem yourself now aren't you?

If there is a strap with a hook on the end attached to the back of your right side back seat then yes, you are denser than we previously thought.

Well I know I pull that strap to release the latch that holds the seats down to the floor, but when I flip them forward (resting on the back of the front seats) why won't they lock in place?

guess I'm just a big ole pile of dumb because this one has me scratching my head.

OK I guess it's not you then. There is supposed to be a strap attached to the back of your passenger seat - up near the top. It has a metal hook on the end. When the seats are folded forward, the backs of course face forward and this metal hook is inserted in the metal loop that is under the square carpet flap just aft of the console. You just hook it in there and give the end of the strap a good tug to tighten things up.

Can't leave a man scratching his head - he might end up hair-challenged like me.

Not sure about pulling the strap to release the seats, I just pull the latch lever.
    But if there is a hook on the end of your strap, it has to engage with a bracket under your carpet to hold the seats up. There is a small flap in the carpet with velcro holding it closed normally.
    If you have your front seats pushed back, the strap will not reach, so move the front seats forward and locate the bracket.
    Pull your rear seats all the way forward, and then pull the bejessus outa the strap, hold your tongue just right, and it all fits together.

It is not easy.

Then you can slide your front seats back and they rest on the back seats folded forward.

See - its not that you are a dumbass - you just didn't hold your tongue right.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Mark

Pictures speak a thousand words... I'll head outside in a few and see if I can locate this mystery hook.

So I got out to the back seat to take a look. Noticed a small hole in the back of the passenger side rear seat. Looks like there used to be a hook or strap there but it's gone now. Sounds to me like it's time to string together some zip ties!

take out the seats!! Or get one of those lazy dogs to hold it up
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

My back seats are currently out but when they were in I hated the fact that if they were folded up and strapped I could not put my front seat back as normal
    Last edited by VXR : 07/29/2010 at 02:21 AM

Ha! The white dog is really lazy and the other she's a crackhead! Neither of them could figure it out and would end up just putting a hole in a window or something stupid like that!

and as far as the back seat locked in place, I realized tonight that since the seat doesn't rotate as far forward as it would if the strap were there, then I can have the front seats back to normal positions with out the backseat getting in the way! The bungy strap has been rolled up and placed in a safe location inside the truck for when I need it next!

or, until you find another method of holding the seat in place flipped over, just completely recline the rear seat (they will lay flat) and let the mutts feel all spoiled-like on their next trip.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Luna X View Post
    or, until you find another method of holding the seat in place flipped over, just completely recline the rear seat (they will lay flat) and let the mutts feel all spoiled-like on their next trip.....
    Then your seats would probably feel spoiled in the literal sense.

I took out my rear seats, since I NEVER used them. The extra space is fantastic. This is how the two-door VX SHOULD have been built.

Get a minivan for the kids.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

I took the rear seats out also

Now plenty of room. If they wanted back seats they should at least have made the doors longer.