Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: rear seat fold up

id love to take the back seat out, but then it wouldnt be the stripper bus anymore. had a 2003 Z was the 3rd or 4th person in TX to drive one off the lot. had to sell it when i went back to college. fun car i miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    I'd really like to figure out a way to get the back seat split into a 50/50 style. Cout probably be done if I tried really hard, but I'm lazy sometimes... a lot of times...
    On a similar, somewhat related note, I've toyed with the idea of pulling out my rear seats and installing just one additional Recaro seat in the rear. Perhaps behind the driver seat or maybe in the middle. I rarely carry more than two passengers so it would be practical and free up a lot of space. Mounting and legal restraints would be the hurdle I suppose.

Anyone ever see that kinda mod?

After I wrote that I thought about getting an extra front seat and putting it back there in place of the whole back seat. Maybe some day when I've got exra cash it'll be a project.

I think the front seat will be too tall, I can test fit it for ya tomorrow when I get back if you want.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    I think the front seat will be too tall, I can test fit it for ya tomorrow when I get back if you want.
    Hrrrmmm.... your probably right, but if you could do a quick test fit, that would be awesome.

With the rear seat situated dirrectly over the axle I would opt for a suspension seat (like those from PRP). They have a lower back for fittment and can be ordered with whatever color/material you want. And your passenger won't get beat to death with every bump in the road.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Wrench

Zues posted this with pictures in his gallery

I have done his mod. I still have passengers.

Ace Hardware - (2) 5/16" x 2-3/4" zinc plated pins = $4.80 plus tax = quick release rear seat. I hope the pics posted alright. It's hard to see but the plastic sleeves are on the seat mounts holding the pins.

I will probably go get the parts to make some kind of quick release for the back seat. Seems the easiest thing to do rather then trying to build a frame to mount an aftermarket seat to the existing mount spot.

I will probably go get the parts to make some kind of quick release for the back seat. Seems the easiest thing to do rather then trying to build a frame to mount an aftermarket seat to the existing mount spot.
    Umm, maybe I am missing something, just drill new holes, the original holes are clearly visible under the truck. What's a few more holes?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

The aftermarket seats I bought for the SVO only had holes in the bottom of them to put bolts into, not something that I could mount to the floor. So I assumed all aftermarket seats that were designed for a "universal" fit would be the same. That you would bolt a frame to the bottom of it that would then attach to the floor of the car.

Besides the floor pans are most likely a pretty thin metal that it would be hard to tap threads into, and I might have to weld a nut to the underside of the truck. I don't have a welder or the patience for that.

Besides the floor pans are most likely a pretty thin metal that it would be hard to tap threads into, and I might have to weld a nut to the underside of the truck. I don't have a welder or the patience for that.
    Our floor is pretty thick. If you don't want to weld, bolt a 1/8" thick plate under the floor pan, and then bolt the seats to that.
    I might have to take a look at this mod...

I jsut found some sweet kids seats!! www.redart.com Go to the offroad seats, its called the superkid, by Beard. Wow! Pricey, but on another forum, they said it fits their 10 year old.

I think I may seriously get these:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Race-...s#ht_500wt_749

That's probably one of the cooles things a kid could have!

My uncle had an older Chevrolet short wide pickup that was decked out Baja style and in the bed he had 2 seats bolted down that faced backwards of the truck. Riding in the back of that was by far one of the most dangerous/fun things I've done! More dangerous than sky diving and more fun than drag racing!

The wife gave the go ahead for a pair. It hurts watching the boys sleep in the booster seats on the trail. Their little heads just bobbing around. I will probably go with the strapping to the seat, so we can move them between the trooper RS and the VX. Maybe I can fab a frame for the VX. We have decided that she is going to daily drive the RS, and we are selling the 2010 F150 and getting a 2004-2005 F250 diesel and a goose neck dual car hauler. I know its off topic, but it relates to the car seat, which in turn relates to folding up the rear seat