Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: another new Dub ride

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Moving the Dub compound? Or just downsizing/storing?
    New digs... 9-1...

Get To Work!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    New digs... 9-1...
    Ah, congrats! 9-1...you've got plenty of time...relax...take a break!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Ah, congrats! 9-1...you've got plenty of time...relax...take a break!
    Thanks Bro, after the landlord made an issue of me parking my Moab tire trailer behind the building, (I move it weekly, & mow the grass where it sits) decided to increase my rent $40.- a month, then thought it would be a good idea to ask me to sign a lease, (after renting from him for 14 yrs...month to month after the first yr) we decided to look around to see if we could find something better...

Guess what?...we found a large 2 bdrm, WITH garage, in a neighborhood that's all well maintained apt buildings on one side of the street, & well maintained newer homes on the other side of the street, no ghetto in sight anywhere...all for just a bit more than we were paying after our rent increase.....

I dunno what's up with my soon to be X-LL, he used to be almost OK, but lately he's been "storing" a ghettoliscious POS 68 ford LTD wagon in the parking lot, saying it's a collectors item... And in the next breath, saying my trailer is an eyesore...

Yeh, I can see that...brand new trailer with a sweet ricer wing = eyesore...POS 68 ford wagon, with peeling plastic woodgrain = collectors item...I dunno how I got so far off base...

This is the same man who only mows the perimeter of the front lawn, cause the city inspectors prolly won't notice it at a glance (it's mowed close to the street, but that's it). Lazy & cheap are the descriptives that come most readily to my mind...

Also, I'm the one who tows all the other tennants vehicles out of the parking lot after a blizzard, so he can get a snow plow in to clear the lot (usually not until 3-4 in the afternoon). I also do all of my own repairs with the exception of phone & plumbing problems...so yah, I guess pizzn a solid, long term renter down your own leg is a good idea...

Of course, that's just my side of the story, I'm just glad to be moving...

Venting/rant over, thank you for your time...

Sorry Giz, as usual, this thread got jacked a few ckicks sideways...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    in a neighborhood that's all well maintained apt buildings on one side of the street, & well maintained newer homes on the other side of the street,
    And so what are they doing letting you move there ......................... Just kiddin
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    And so what are they doing letting you move there ......................... Just kiddin
    LOL...not far from the truth...me & TLMP will be about the worst thing(s) this neighborhood has seen in a while...

The American equivalant of Sid & Nancy...

Last edited by Ldub : 07/26/2010 at 04:48 AM

Sorry Giz, as usual, this thread got jacked a few ckicks sideways
    So I noticed

Thats it! I'm never posting here again, you ppl are soooo rude!

Its all good Dub, I dont mind anything I post going off topic

And 'grats on the new digs. I finally broke down a few yrs ago and moved out of the apt I'd been in for 15 yrs. Was either that or learn spanish.
    --Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post
    And 'grats on the new digs. I finally broke down a few yrs ago and moved out of the apt I'd been in for 15 yrs. Was either that or learn spanish.

There's no language or pigmentation issues that exist in my situation, & I'm not implying that was the case in yours...

I do my best to get along with as many of the other of my fellow erf inhabitants as possible, without any condition other than being decent human beings...BUT. (there's ALWAYS a but...)

When the neighborhood becomes populated with societal "lower forms" that have no regard for other people in any manner, it's time to move on...

The apt nxt door to ours was rented to some young, meth addled, morons...not the first time I've had crap for neighbors, hope it's the last.

Last week I couldn't get out of my door to go to work, (11:45PM) because there was a guy passed out blocking the door. (That was fun...)

Stuff that's not nailed down has been "growing legs" around here for a while now.

There was a pit bull related mauling of a UPS guy across the street while we were in Moab this spring.

All that, in conjunction with my LL's "stellar" maintence of the property, add up to one outcome...time to go...

Really, I mean it this time...rant off...
    Last edited by Ldub : 07/27/2010 at 06:55 AM

The main reason I moved out of there was I couldnt stand one more summer of being on the top floor with just a little wall shaker a/c unit. Had to have it running full blast 24/7 to keep the bedroom below 90 deg. And 15 yrs of stereos on either side at full volume was more then enough, especially when its mexican music. I had nothing against the ppl living around me personally (other then the a**hats with the stereos). Once the complex became a part of govt assisted housing, it became mostly mexican. I got along great with most of them, as long as they spoke at least enough english that we could have a conversation.

when I moved I had 2 priorities in a new place. 1, central a/c (an HVAC tech should at least have functional a/c lol), and 2, washer/dryer hookups. No more spending all day trying to do 2 loads of laundry waiting for machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post
    The main reason I moved out of there was I couldnt stand one more summer of being on the top floor with just a little wall shaker a/c unit. Had to have it running full blast 24/7 to keep the bedroom below 90 deg. And 15 yrs of stereos on either side at full volume was more then enough, especially when its mexican music. I had nothing against the ppl living around me personally (other then the a**hats with the stereos). Once the complex became a part of govt assisted housing, it became mostly mexican. I got along great with most of them, as long as they spoke at least enough english that we could have a conversation.

when I moved I had 2 priorities in a new place. 1, central a/c (an HVAC tech should at least have functional a/c lol), and 2, washer/dryer hookups. No more spending all day trying to do 2 loads of laundry waiting for machines.
    I'm with ya Bro...don't matter if it's mariachi or megadeth...if I can't sleep, I get awfully grumpy, & sometimes downright unpleasant to be around...

The worst is loud sex neighbors, especially when I was single and getting lucky wasn't on my monthly planner!

I'd rather some terrible free style rap battles all night than hear someone else gettin' jiggy with it when I'm in the middle of a dry spell! But now I'm married and don't have to worry about that anymore, I already know sex is off the menu!

That never really bothered me. I just pounded on the wall and they quieted down really quick LOL. I think my last apt had rice paper for walls. Could hear the neighbors just talking. Most of the time I lived there was when I was working graveyard shift and sleeping during the day so complaining about noise never went anywhere.