Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Help to find a VX in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_A View Post
    ... plus 10% import duty 20% VAT on that and a few hundred to register and tax it...

Have you (or anyone else here) imported a car? How difficult is it? I've found a more reasonably priced one which would cost about £3500 inc taxes. It seems to have lost the stereo/camera though, how big a deal is that to replace? I assume it would have to be something non-standard. I've fired off a list of questions to the seller but thought someone here may have been through the process before me.

Black VX for sale in UK, 2 miles from J2, M1.

Hi, I may be selling my VX very soon if anyone in the UK wants a black JDM with no mods or damage apart from red anodised Enkei Super Violence wheels and larger 275 tyres, (Cooper Discoverer H/T), fantastic in the snow we just had for only a week. Wish I had it last year! That's why I bought it but this year it's been unusually mild.

Engine runs beautifully and shows 78k on the clock but most of that is in Kilometres, as it's only clocked in miles since 2002 import to UK. I think I worked it out to 59 or 60k miles when I got it last August. Certainly in good condition, save for some internal scuffs in the back, as you would expect of a truck.

Original radio and screen with a Panasonic GPS Nav. system and CD, even the remote but not had it running as batteries are flat and presumably only has Japanese maps. Screen works only on very hot days! Seriously, I was told this by the guy who sold me the truck and I thought, "yeah, right!" but it actually did work last summer only on the hottest day! Some sort of thermally influenced screen connection problem.

Rear camera works but screen obviously very temperamental. Mostly mental!

I have the whole Owner's file of manuals and service books etc. but no service stamps unfortunately but I do have some MOT test certificates to prove mileage since import and the MOT history is also online too, of course since digital records began in 2005-6. I fitted a K&N panel filter in the stock airbox and have had a custom stainless Powerflow catback exhaust and angled oval tip fitted, (£350), which sounds really nice and throaty.

So much so, that this evening on the way home from work, I gave it some beans past the local bus stop and a lad jumped out of the darkness and shouted "Yeah!"

Emissions are extremely low, I think it was 31ppm HC's, zero, yes, 0.00% CO and perfect lambda of 1.00. Infact better than my MkIV Supra TT VVTi, also for sale, both from 1997 year of manufacture.

Thinking of trading them in for an Audi RS6 Avant but would rather sell them to those that will use them for what they were intended. My VX hasn't seen mud I don't think, let alone been offroad, though I would still love to try it.

The ride is very firm but comfortable and handling is better than my Supra, which feels like a spongy old Ford Granada in comparison. The VX corners stably on the bigger tyres and has plenty of punch off the line and rev's well. I recently changed the oil and installed a K&N race filter and it seems to be getting faster, the more I use it, perhaps because of the Wynn's injector cleaner.

I only drive a mile and a half to work so it's not had many miles put on it since I bought it and also I've used the Supra much more. The guy I bought the VX from didn't do many miles either, as he's a retired Vauxhall engineer, (in Luton), working from home on a very tight budget, eventually forcing him to reluctantly sell the truck.

I bought 6 Bosch Super 4 spark plugs but haven't fitted them yet as it runs fine as it is. I do know however, that it would run even better with them, if a previous MA70 Supra's 7MGE I6 was anything to go by. Great plugs!

I would love to keep it but feel that an RS6 Avant (Estate/Station Wagon) would fulfill my need for speed and practicality in one car. We shall see.

Offers very close to GBP£4000 if interested?

I'll post a for sale thread at the weekend with photos if the RS6 looks like a goer but will need a very quick sale if I decide to buy one, as I'll need the deposit money. Cheers!

Dave, Hemel Hempstead, Herts. England, UK.