Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Help to find a VX in the UK

Help to find a VX in the UK

I am looking to buy a VX here in the UK, has anyone seen one available and would recommend.

i found a few http://cars.oodle.co.uk/isuzu-vehicross/ what do you think?

The "Vehiross" (the first one) is now not listed..... so i am down to 2.....1997 or 1999???

What year should i really be going for? as i am worried on getting parts here in the UK?
    Any suggestions?

The first thing you need to do is relax. Maybe you don't mean it that way, but it sounds like you think the three (now two) VX's you mentioned are the only ones that will ever be available in the UK. Be patient, take some time to do a little perusing here, learn to love the search engine, and wait for some of your fellow countrymen to weigh in.

Thanks for your reply, i know that it looks like i am rushing this, but my current car has recently broken down and will cost to much to get fixed. So i need to get a new car ASAP for work and for my family. I suppose i can wait until have finished my 6 month tour. But it is just so frustrating not having a car available.
    But i think i will have to just keep looking around until i go... then i will have to buy one when i get back unless something jumps out at me.

Thanks again

It's tough I know, but rarely does a good car buying experience happen when you feel under the gun. When do you leave for your tour? Or are you on it now?

I leave in 2 weeks for 6 months, so i am wondering if i should sort everything out before i go or just hold of until i get back, either way i will need to get a new car sorted for when i get back.......as i hate trains and public transport lol.
    But the way things are looking it would probably be easier to wait until i get back. so i am taking my time now to price up parts and to see what are the common problems people have been having.... so i can get a good idea on what it would cost me to get fixed.... also i have been trying to find out where people have been taking there cars for servicing etc.

Click here for a list of UK members sorted by the last time they visited. Maybe you could contact someone close to one of VXs you found to see if they could check it out and give a review.

I just got my VX and it took me about 5 months of shopping before I found one I felt comfortable with - it was the 5th one I saw. Three were simply awful and one was so showroom perfect that it was out of my budget. I also didn't bother looking a several more due to bad reviews from other members here.

BEST OF LUCK to you!

Hey I'm number one!

Sounds to me Clark that you'd be better off waiting for your return. In the meantime you can see what comes available and see what sort of prices they fetch. I paid £2500 for min but I was lucky. Most seem to go for nearer £5k but you'll occasionally get a bargain like I did.

Waiting will also give you time to trawl through here as see all there good and bad points.

Where are you? If local, I'm happy to go shopping with you on our return

Cheers

Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

Thanks for your replies.....

I think i will do that Nick, i will wait until i get back to see what is available. i have noticed that they are going around the 5k mark..... so i will keep my eyes open for a bargain.

I am from Northampton, but i am based in Salisbury so i am up and down the country most weekends.

Thanks

Sean

Hi Clark607, I'm also a UK owner and for the past couple of years I've been keeping am eye on the UK market. There are about 35 VXs in the UK, most good (owned by fans) but a few not so good (not owned by fans). What you really have to do is look at a few so you can get a feel for the good and bad. Get to know the features and problems of the VX so you a spot them. If you buy a bad one for 5000 rather then a good one for 3000 (and that can happen because it such a rarity and the market is all over the place because buyers and sellers really don't have a fixed idea) then rather then becoming a life long fan you will feel its an expensive millstone. Buy in haste regret in leisure.

PS the ones you have seen selling for 5000 are the ones that haven't sold for 5000 (for example the one with all the white stickers is generally consider not great having changed hands every few months). VXs do periodically appear on Ebay and occasionally on AutoTrader but you really have to bide you time and talk to the owners.
    Last edited by kirk hilton : 07/20/2010 at 05:52 AM

I can't do anything but agree with Kirk and Alterastro.

I'm the closest to Northampton (I live in Corby) and I'd be glad to meet you somewhere so you can at least have a try of one and see if you like it or not. I'm away this weekend but I'm working from home on Thursday if that suits.

Send me a PM on here and we'll see if we can sort something out.

Kirk probably remembers the pages and pages of e-mail that passed between us when he was wringing his hands over buying one!

Let me know,

Alan

Thanks Kirk....

I have been looking around and made some calls. I have found 3 vx's 1 is a 99 plate (P966XWS) but when i called he said it was a 97 plate confused. But he said that it had a new cambelt in September, and has been serviced and new tyres.

The other 2 are a 97 plate (£4995) and 98 (£5495 ebay) plate both have not yet been registered.

The 97 plate will require new tyres and he was not sure if any work has been carried out but i was told any work would be carried out once registered and any faults/problems would be carried out if picked up on MOT. but will come with full MOT and 6 months TAX.

The 98 plate has a large central radio installed (Standard), the bloke said he does not now if it was a Satnav or reverse camera. But he said he thinks it is just a radio? But will have Full MOT and 6 months Tax after it has been registered.

I have been wondering if it be worth me buying one that has not yet been registered here in the UK, but the problem is, if i do then i will not know any history of the vehicle and just have to make sure that there is warranty and cambelt and full service before i consider it.

So the search continues.......lol

Ahhh - you've found the rub... People selling often haven't a clue what it is they're actually selling they just know that its "a bit odd".

The standard radio (Clarion) is a reversing camera, Minidisc player, CD-changer and radio, but I don't believe its a satnav. Once you've tried to manoeuvre in a tight space without the reversing camera you'll understand how important it is. The stanard radio will only be able to pick up Radio 2 unless it has a band expander fitted.

I believe the cambelt's not that big a deal and I've had mine checked and it was done not so long before I bought it.

I hope that's a bit more help,

Alan

(work's boring this afternoon...)