Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Help to find a VX in the UK

GUTTED

Ebay have removed my listing because I listed it as

"ISUZU VehiCROSS SPORTS 4x4 not bmw x3 or x5"

I have relisted it now but it won't start until 21:45 tonight and it is only a 3 day auction so will be finishing on Sunday night

The YouTube sale vid can still be seen here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQbqp_PSStM

Nice vid!! Good luck with the sale!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

1999 (2001) Radiant Red 157/175 "lil pwny"
    Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    Nice vid!! Good luck with the sale!
    I concur!

Thanks Guys for your good luck wishes.

The Truck is now relisted without the mention of bmw x3 or x5

going very cheap at the moment, just 99p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200515060146

Dude, if your truck really has a range of about 3500 miles it's so worth buying just for that!

Which system did you use for multimedia/navigation?

Good luck with your sale mate, nice VX.

Hey Sean, so after all the help i gave you (bending over backwards would be a good term) and us making a deal on you buying my Isuzu, me stripping it out ready for sale and obviously leaving all the stuff in our deal in it, buying another vehicle to get around in so i wasnt using it, paying for the tax for you! altering and planning my holiday dates around you picking up the VX, offering you storage for the vehicle until you were able to pick it up (which you were happy to accept), fitting new brake pads for you and getting the steering seen too

1 WEEK BEFORE THE DEAL,

you f+ck off and wont answer emails PM's or even your wife's mobile.... Oh and i see by your activity you were on this site on the 27th. WOW WHAT A F+CKING NICE GUY YOU ARE......................... thanks alot

rant over
    Last edited by crotchrocket : 12/29/2010 at 08:54 AM

Well I thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than start another 'Looking for a Vehicross' one of my own. Read it all through with interest and then hit crotchrocket's post I don't know who Sean is but I wouldn't have wanted to be in his shoes.

That aside let's see if we can lighten the mood. Who'd like to help me find a Vehicross? None on the usual sites at the moment apart from one on Pistonheads which looks overpriced to me http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3194656.htm

I've time on my hands so am happy to trawl the japanese/UK import sites, would anyone like to recommend any?

Thanks in advance,

PS. crotchrocket, are you still selling or is that a sensitive tooth?

Hi! To be honest... I'd steer well clear of anything that mentions having been "off roaded"
    If I were looking again I'd seriously look to importing one from Japan. Here's a link.. I guess you're looking at around £4,400 inc shipping plus 10% import duty 20% VAT on that and a few hundred to register and tax it Around 6k all in.

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...cross/6698308/

Good Luck! If you need any help let me know!

Thanks Paul.

Yup, I'm not into anything that's been off road a lot not because I don't think they can take it but there is that danger of damage plus I'll probably be paying for upgraded kit that I won't need. Bit of a waste for someone to build something capable of surviving a post-apocalyptic world for me only to park it on an uneven kerb.

Thanks for the link, off for a look. If you were looking to buy that vehicle what questions might you ask the seller apart from the usual about servicing and damage? Are there modrls to avoid or are they all much the same?

If you've anything else to offer I'm all ears...

Hi,

I'd ask if the electric windows work 100%.... they can be a real pain.

The transmission is probably the most Important thing on these.. make sure they can guarantee it's all 100% i.e. The TOD works as it should, shifting is smooth.

Rear view camera and screen are working as they should (those cameras have a nasty tendency to get full of water.. it's not a showstopper if it is u/s cos you can get cheapy ones from ebay...but a pain none the less)

Shocks... ask if any are showing signs of "weeping"

Has the cambelt been replaced?.... it's due at that mileage.

Make sure none of the glass is damaged (chips in the windscreen etc....It took me 6 months to get a replacement windscreen through autoglass!)

If you do import one... some of the parts are easy, Brake pads are the same as the Vauxhall frontera "B" series, the engine is the same as the Frontera v6/Isuzu trooper/Vauxhall Monterey.. so not too bad..air filter pack is the same as Frontera, some of the interior switch gear is the same. Exhaust system is Impossible to get but you can get one made up in stainless for less than the factory replacement..

Where in the u.k. are you buddy?
    Lol! just noticed! Hertford Heath?.... not far away at all!

All good stuff, thanks Paul. Unless that exporter wants to drop their price though I may have to just look locally. At current exchange rates they want £4,700 CIF. Add to that the taxes and you're not far off £6200! Then of course the DVLA will want a slice...

PS Not Hertford Heath, Puckeridge. For some reason the 'merkin based software here can't think beyond its own borders

They both seam over priced, but you have to remember they have gone up in value since the Japan earthquake / Tsunami.

good luck with the search, maybe look to find one with an LPG conversion as they like their fuel!

Hey! Dickyg has one for sale!! (Ludlow)!!

Yup, he emailled me.