Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Help to find a VX in the UK

nice VX on uk ebay

Hi Clarke607, just a heads up to say there is a very nice VX just put onto ebay UK. It doesn't have the original seats but have very nice red recaros. That probably means that the owner has looked after it. The bad new is it located in Bodmin Cornwall so a bit of travelling if you want to see it. I have encountered this VX virtually before and the current owner, I believe, tried to sell it more than a year ago but I don't think it made the reserve so he kept it. It is an unusual blue (mid night blue) so it could possible be a limited edition (although that isn't stated in the listing) however I can't see the red door panels of a limited so then again it may not be. But all the same I feel its a good one and certainly worth a looking at. It also has some features that are unusual for a VX eg the minidisc, chrome wing mirrors, and the fog-light bar, saying that it seems to be missing it grill 'fangs'

Mine!

Hi,thats my vehicross-and I'm certain those ARE original seats-the rear seats are the same colour;as I said I believe this one had all the optional extras available-(special order?)
    Door panels are carbon fibre/grey
    I have NOT tried to sell it before...I have mentioned to colleagues (I'm in the garage trade-mostly gas welding) it could be for sale, but thats all.
    It's not missing its fangs either,they're plain black(no sign of faded silver at all)
    It also has a full set of vehicross mats
    It came in the country in 2007,had a new belt then...3 mot's with nothing needed...
    Had the usual problem with the heater(lack of use) fixed that
    Window clamps are both good
    Minidisc is a 6 disc multichanger!
    FYI it has IMHO a reasonable reserve...saying that ,Im not trying to sell it here, just supplying correct info
    ps I have the wing passenger mirror also
    Last edited by froggg : 07/25/2010 at 01:13 PM Reason: bad memory!

Thank you Kirk/Frogg

I appriciate the help, but i will have to wait now until i get back from my tour to buy one (Jan) asi leave very soon.
    But on a good note i have now sold my car, and will definatley be going car shopping when i get back. I am looking forward to being able to get around alot easyier, i hate walking lol.

Good look with your sale Frogg.

I stand corrected Frogg, you are of course correct I first saw this VX on this very web site about a year ago and just assumed it had been advertised - sorry. It really looks a good one and I hope you get what's it worth and to someone who will really appreciate it. It is a bit of an oddity I can understand that you have all the extra but I didn't appreciate that non limited edition VXs could have special factory paint jobs, certainly explains a brown VX we saw earlier this year. As to the seats the fact that you've got a matching rear bench seat does suggest that the red recaros are factory fitted (which are very nice by the way) but I have not seen their like before on any VX.

Nice VX Froggg !!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

i am still here and still looking...lol although i am miles and miles away.

Hope your playing safe out there man!!

Come back craig (or was it clive?) in hove. All may be forgiven! Seriously there was a silver vx being tended for at a local workshop recently and for sale, don't know where it ended up. Maybe dorset which is close.

Mike

Hi everyone!

I am still here, playing it safe. I have still been seaching, looking forward to going car shopping when i get back.

I've seen a few JDM 97 VXs on Japanese auction sites and they sold very cheap, like $3k each if that. It costs approx $1k more to cover all Japanese fees and freight to UK. How hard is it to import a car from Japan to UK? I remember seeing a lot of the imports when living in Ireland.

Gutted as I am, it seems I have to sell my VX

I will be putting it on Ebay later today but would be happier selling it to an enthusiast if possible.

It has just flown through its MOT

The top end of the engine was rebuilt 3000 miles ago (after one of the valves failed) the cambelt and tentioner were also replaced at that time.

It has a full lpg conversion which has been serviced and it now runs better on lpg than petrol and gives me back a fantastic 34mpg.

I am in somerset and welcome any test drive

Sorry you're going to sell the VX after all the time and initial trouble you had but you have returned a sick car to full health which is always good to know. I hope you find a loving new owner and not a dealer (but needs must). Currently there are no VXs on Ebay or ATrader so a good time to sell with autumn in the air.

very nice VX PM sent

I have finally listed it on Ebay including a little video

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200514942969

Will be sad to see her go

How do you pull up the video?