Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ball joint flip/torsion bar & OME912 spring lift

I looked at the same article for the first time and also have the same issue of many pictures not displaying. Pasting the URL for the missing pictures to another window gives an AOL error that the picture is not there. AOL must have deleted or moved the picture since it was originally posted. The reason many of you still see the pictures is because the files where cached to your computer after looking at them the first time. The picture files are loading from your computer, not the AOL server.

BTW, very informative and nicely done article. Too bad many of the pictures aren't displaying.

Triathlete -

Thanks for sending me the complete set of pictures. I took the liberty to reconstruct the page and host the pics on my site also, for the benefit of anyone else who can't see them. I hope you don't mind.

Here is the link: Triathlete's VX Lift Howto

Thanks for doing that! Has anyone documented the front axle drop bracket change that is important for lifted VXes to help save the CVs? I hear it is pretty involved but doable. Darlington is working on more sets if anyone is interested.

No problem, Tone. I'm thinking about writing a few HowTo's of mine own, and if need be, I'll mirror some of the other great HowTo's that are out there. This weekend I replaced my fuel filter and am about to clean out my EGR valve/tube. Since I noticed there aren't any really good HowTo's for these, I'm taking pictures along the way. I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'm not afraid to dig into something if I've got a good set of illustrated instructions in front of me. Hopefully these will help out some of the other less-mechanically inclined VX owners who would like to learn more about our beloved vehicle.