Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help finding a new light unit please

Kat, that site is just a sort of 'let us know what you want and we'll see if any of our members have one' kinda site. I've tried them a few times and never had any luck. Always worth a try I guess though.

I can see another problem in that the picture of the one available in the US is different from our JDM ones. At very best you'll need a pair, but it might be they just done fit or the wiring is wrong too??

The only other help I can offer is try ringing Clive Goodridge. He has bought and sold lots of VX's in the past and has amassed quite a collection of parts. Dunno if he has one, but if not, he may have a suggestion.

Good luck!

Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

Thanks Nick

I have contacted Clive and he doesn't think he has one, but if he did he wouldn't be selling it as parts like these are gold dust over here.
    He also recommended looking on Ebay USA as he believes they are the same unit and that the wiring is the same, not that it should be a big job to re-wire the cluster if I needed to.
    Secondly he put me in contact with a UK Isuzu dealer that know what a Vehicross is, and as I type they are finding out how much a new unit from Japan would be? £££.pp

So thanks Nick for pointing me in the right direction

Will keep you posted

No worries - glad to be of help.

I was just flicking between your picture and the one on the link that Kat posted and they look different. The angles on th JDM one are much softer. I'm not sure the US one would actually fit. Maybe someone could post a picture similar to muddy's so we can compare better???

If not, good luck on the official part - best be sitting down when they call you!

Cheers

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by alterastro View Post
    No worries - glad to be of help.

I was just flicking between your picture and the one on the link that Kat posted and they look different. The angles on th JDM one are much softer. I'm not sure the US one would actually fit. Maybe someone could post a picture similar to muddy's so we can compare better???

If not, good luck on the official part - best be sitting down when they call you!

Cheers

Nick
    It says below that picture that it's just a "generic representative" of a rear tail light, not the actual one, so that explains the different appearance.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Well it maybe that I do go for a new one from Japan, The bloke rang me back and said he can't get an exact price until Tuesday but he has found the part number and thinks the part should come in at around £80 to £100 at his best guess. The good thing is, on top of this I will only need to pay UK delivery because they would just ship it over as part of there next bulk order. Just got to wait to find out the exact price
    finger crossed...

So it could be that it works out cheaper to get a new one, with a second hand one from the States at around $160 plus shipping of about $55, in UK money that totals just under £150 (maybe £50 more than a new one).

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    It says below that picture that it's just a "generic representative" of a rear tail light, not the actual one, so that explains the different appearance.
    Ah that explains it! Although the one in the picture is quite sexy

@Fuddy - That is good news! Lets hope his guess is accurate!

Nick

Just placed my order for the new light unit from Isuzu

It was £94.62 plus the vat (£111.18 total)

should arrive with me in the next 18 days

Good to know you can still get new parts for these beasts

Thanks again for all the good advice guys

so MF where did you finally order the replacement from? How were you able to identify the exact part you wanted? The price seems very good, so a contact number/address would be good to know in the future.