Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: SUPER FLEXY IFS ????? who wants it?

LOL, and it should work with other Zu's, the distance between torsion bars should be about the same on Rodeo, Trooper, VX etc, especially considering that RS you got is the same chassis as your VX.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    LOL, and it should work with other Zu's, the distance between torsion bars should be about the same on Rodeo, Trooper, VX etc, especially considering that RS you got is the same chassis as your VX.
    I have heard all this time that it is the same, but it isn't. the wheel base is 17" longer, it has the narrow stance upper control arms, not sure about the rear lower links. I know its close enought the same, and I have no problems drilling holes in stuff to make it work. I will see when mine gets delivered. Then order another one if its doable. Yippee!!! Another project (enter sarcasm here)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I have heard all this time that it is the same, but it isn't. the wheel base is 17" longer, it has the narrow stance upper control arms, not sure about the rear lower links. I know its close enought the same, and I have no problems drilling holes in stuff to make it work. I will see when mine gets delivered. Then order another one if its doable. Yippee!!! Another project (enter sarcasm here)

Um, according to the specs available online, the Isuzu Trooper RS has a wheelbase of 91.7" and the VX shows 91.8, 17" longer would be the standard Trooper at 108.7. The wide/narrow stance won't effect the placement of the torsion bars and even with/without those, it would still be considered the same "chassis". The distance between bars is the same on the trooper, VX, Rodeo and haven't checked an Amigo but will assume it is the same too seeing as the front 10-bolt's will interchange between vehicles. The wheelbase info comes from a few different car websites including edmunds as well as wikipedia and people who have documented it online. When you pick it up grab a measuring tape for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Um, according to the specs available online, the Isuzu Trooper RS has a wheelbase of 91.7" and the VX shows 91.8, 17" longer would be the standard Trooper at 108.7. The wide/narrow stance won't effect the placement of the torsion bars and even with/without those, it would still be considered the same "chassis". The distance between bars is the same on the trooper, VX, Rodeo and haven't checked an Amigo but will assume it is the same too seeing as the front 10-bolt's will interchange between vehicles. The wheelbase info comes from a few different car websites including edmunds as well as wikipedia and people who have documented it online. When you pick it up grab a measuring tape for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Trooper
    Damn KBB specs. I went to the trooper RS specs and it says wheel base 108.7". Thats what I get. I too would assume the frame rails are the same distance apart.

Yup, an RS is indeed 17" shorter than a S or LS (4-door) Trooper.

And the narrower stance deal is easily upgraded, as I have done on my RS.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Based on your design, will they work with other Zus? Plus, put me down for one for sure whenever it is available. (actually for sure, not one of those that says they want one, and then when it comes time to pay, you change your mind...)
    Yes it will work for other Isuzus...and am also making them for many other make/models vehicals as well.
    Last edited by BigMeatVX : 08/11/2010 at 12:19 AM

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMeatVX View Post
    Yes it will work for other Isuzus...and am also making them for many other make/models vehicals as well.
    Pulling teeth using rockcrawler gears might be less painful than this wait......
    The answer is more power! What was the question?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomaz View Post
    Pulling teeth using rockcrawler gears might be less painful than this wait......
    Said the man who's been dangling the "supercharger carrot" since 5-09...

JK Rob, I know how it goes with alpine...

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Said the man who's been dangling the "supercharger carrot" since 5-09...

JK Rob, I know how it goes with alpine...
    LOL I was expecting SOMEONE to point that out!

Kits Now Avail>>>>>

Here is a few pics of what the kit looks like and consist of...Also, you can see the side-to-side movement with the SECUREMENT PIN REMOVED.

Note....the parts are the green ones ONLY...the crossmember is shown to give a reference point....

See them for sale over in the FOR SALE section....

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    WTF...... how in the hell does that thing work.....

alan, your mind is crazy and amazing at the same time...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

wow that looks awesome!!!!! I have to try this

NOT IN THE FOR SALE SECTION!!!!!!

On a side note, you have to remove torsion bars to feed them through the holes, will those holes fit the HD torsion bars? Do you have to disconnect the drive shaft to fit it in there, where does the top plate mount? I need more info!!!!! You're killin me smalls.

NOT IN THE FOR SALE SECTION!!!!!!
    +1 - Come on man, can't wait to see the price!

This amazing mod can be yours... if the price is right. (Sorry Bob Barker )

Hmmm. I'm guessing that yoke-shaped part in the middle slides left and right with differential flex...if that pin is removed. Otherwise with the pin in place the whole system is locked in place and the torsion bars are anchored as per normal for road use. Very interesting. I would love to try it.

[Edit] Duh, the first pic shows the pin out and the yoke part off center...can't quite make out how the torsion bar mounts swivel to accommodate this movement, but they obviously are doing it.