Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: SUPER FLEXY IFS ????? who wants it?

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMeatVX View Post
    Yes the PIN already has a taper on the end of it that helps with allignment.

Most electric solinoids are not powerfull enough to pull this pin, however...Air or hydraulic?????? way to much work and too complicated...IMHO

Here is what WILL work.

Imagine a HD long Valve-spring that holds the PIN in the hole....Now imagine a OEM style e-brake handle (which has compound leverage on a cable) attached to a HD cable....which is attached to the PIN.....
    You pull the handle up untill it locks,,,the coil spring force (and friction) is overcome and the PIN slides back releasing the Cross-bar for SUPER-FLEXY use.

Then, when you hit the pavement again, then release the handle...The coil spring then pulls the handle down and pushes the pin back in place...(Of course you may have to rock the rig back and forth just a bit, but this could be done while in motion with just a flick of the steering wheel.)

This is something I will make availble later, however it will be $$$...

There are other ways to do this , also.... Just a big lever with simple linkage would work, too.
    Two small pins driven in/out by cantilevers? The amount of mechanical advantage can be tailored and operation could be by a cable thru the floor to (ANOTHER ) lever

PS: Love ya work M8! Nothing better than rolling an **allegedly inferior** truck past the big ones
    The answer is more power! What was the question?

Mine gets here thursday...I will be at Hallowharrie though I will get the install done in mid november, gotta finsh up my diff drops first (Joe D cut and welded em for me, but I gotta finish em up and do the cross member mod). I will take lots of pics during install. I have a uwharrie run in December, so look for some decent rock vids then...unless someone beats me to it.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Mine gets here thursday...I will be at Hallowharrie though I will get the install done in mid november, gotta finsh up my diff drops first (Joe D cut and welded em for me, but I gotta finish em up and do the cross member mod). I will take lots of pics during install. I have a uwharrie run in December, so look for some decent rock vids then...unless someone beats me to it.
    So they are actually 'in production'? I just PM'd meat regarding...

Fortunately for us Meat isn't on Alpine-time.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Fortunately for us Meat isn't on Alpine-time.
    DO NOT get me started on THAT!
    Still waiting for some parts....

Where the Bigmeat at? I have a few interested parties on this side of the Passi-fik but have a couple of questions

He doesn't come on here every day. But he'll show up soon. I feel very sorry for you guys BTW. I just had some brake cylinders shipped over from OZ for my '67 Patrol and the shipping price was more than the price of the parts! You may want to see if he can set up come kind of licensing agreement with someone over there and have them built on site.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    He doesn't come on here every day. But he'll show up soon.
    I have my account set up to auto email anytime someone posts something in my subscribed threads. Very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomaz View Post
    Where the Bigmeat at?
    really, no one went THERE with this?
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Where the Bigmeat at?

THAT"S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!

happy now?

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    I was quite surprised myself

He doesn't come on here every day. But he'll show up soon. I feel very sorry for you guys BTW. I just had some brake cylinders shipped over from OZ for my '67 Patrol and the shipping price was more than the price of the parts! You may want to see if he can set up come kind of licensing agreement with someone over there and have them built on site.
    Yeah we are a long way from anywhere lol but consider it this way
    I gave my 6VE1 a drink and bent 4 rods - I got rings, pistons, rods and gasket set from the US, paid US 270 for shipping alone and the whole lot arrived at my door for less than the Aust dealers price for the gasket set alone!

We dont sell many of these he says on the phone......cant imagine why not!

You may want to see if he can set up come kind of licensing agreement with someone over there and have them built on site.
    The thought had crossed my mind. I have access to the facilities required
    He could get a fee for every one we sell. Passive income is the best kind

Yeah we are a long way from anywhere lol but consider it this way
    I gave my 6VE1 a drink and bent 4 rods - I got rings, pistons, rods and gasket set from the US, paid US 270 for shipping alone and the whole lot arrived at my door for less than the Aust dealers price for the gasket set alone!
    Isn't Japan right on your doorstep though? I would think replacement parts would be cheapest coming right form the source. But what do I know, the maps here are all screwed up:

Well I guess as the most populated Western country you guys get the focus
    The parts were all US-made replacements rather than Isuzu. The dealers gasket kit was the same brand as I got from the US!