Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2010 official unofficial ZuZoo Moab picture, video and tell your stories thread!

I just sent you a PM with a few phone numbers - I had to leave Jack a message a bit ago so they may still be in the boonies.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Where YOU at, Zeus?
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

I'll be working late the next few days - I'm trying to get down there tho... I'm there in spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    I'll be working late the next few days - I'm trying to get down there tho... I'm there in spirit!
    Salt Lake City isn't THAT far!

Oh I know - just too busy trying to meet a deadline... sucks!

Seriously, no pics yet!? What's up, Billy, you slacker!

After top of the world some of us went down rose garden hill. It made for a VERY long day. We left Portal around 9am and didnt get back to town till after 10:30pm.

Ever drive around in the desert at night on a trail you've never been on before? Spooky.

Pics, vids and stories will be coming at some point. For some reason my laptop wont work in portals wiresless but works everywhere else.
    --Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post
    After top of the world some of us went down rose garden hill. It made for a VERY long day. We left Portal around 9am and didnt get back to town till after 10:30pm.

Ever drive around in the desert at night on a trail you've never been on before? Spooky.

Pics, vids and stories will be coming at some point. For some reason my laptop wont work in portals wiresless but works everywhere else.
    Top of the World was not a very good trail last year. Very boring. But the pic was worth it I suppose. Must have taken forever with 10or 12 trucks getting pics!! It was just me and trooper trouble. I wish I was there now!!!

And this is what is below the truck:

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

why are we seeing reruns
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

So here is the scoop (would have gotten one yesterday but after a long day I tried and my 'puter battery died)...
    Yesterday a group of about 24 vehicles (which included a 4runner, FJ, jeep, rodeo and 2 trooper) set out at 9am and concoured the Top of the World trail. Pretty straight forward trail. On the way back about half the group decided to head out to Rose Garden Hill. A fun trail with a few small ledges and then a hill with multiple rocky ledged. We worked everyone down the hill without any carnage. Shortly after that the sun started setting and the last couple hours on the trail was in the dark as we exited through Onion Creek. During the day we had cold, windy, rainy and snow flurries which added to the fun. We arrived back at camp at 10:30pm...a long, long day!

Todays trip was a group of 8. We ventured out on Steel Bender. A fun day it was and the weather was a bit nicer but still on the cool side. With a smaller group we had time to play around a bit a try some "alternate" routes on the obstacles. I earned the title "king of the strap" after some of my lines didn't work as well as I thought and took a strap 3 times. But if you haven't been on the end of a strap you haven't been wheeling, right! My rock sliders got a good workout today and did their job.

And now the part you have all been waiting...the pictures!

Well, you will have to wait just a bit longer since the wifi here is slow and it's taking forever to dump them into photbucket...so stand by
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

A few pics from Top of the World...

Airing down (with Jo showing off his better side)

Making a little dust

TOTW view from drivers seat

Over the hood

And the money shot...what we all came for

More pics tomorrow hopefully!
    Did I say the wifi is REALLY slow her?

1 false move and it's over, literally. Be careful up there!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI

Wow - awesome! I am soooooo Jealous - even if I do suffer from vertigo!!!!

As I have no idea where you guys are, can you give me a Lat/Lon so I can see on Google Earth?

Cheers and keep em coming!

Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

[QUOTE=Triathlete;193740]A few pics from Top of the World...

Airing down (with Jo showing off his better side)

Looking good -

And is that Sue's ----- err ----- um ----- err ----- rack in the background???

Sorry Sue - T4B made me do it.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

I'm innocent Sue ... I tell ya ... innocent.

Can't see the pix whilst at work. I'll hafta go online tonight from home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.