Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, what are you doing to mentally prep for Moab?

So, what are you doing to mentally prep for Moab?

To get my wheeling mindset I'm spending the weekend judging the Tucson W.E.Rocks comp. Here I am hard at work judging my course (I'm the guy in the "judge" shirt of course)

A few more pics from my course...

6 of the 20 rigs that did my course ended on their lid! And no, it wasn't the Monster/Currie rig...he pulled out a sweet save!

The other part of my course involved making a 180 degree turn in a very tight "canyon"...

They went in between the 2 cones made the turn and then exited through the same cones...without hitting them!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

That looks seriously FUN!!!
    ________
    LovelyWendie99
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:29 PM

Not that!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking My training regimen???

Drinking heavily as often as possible...to get in practice...

That "hill" is over 15' tall. Each of those pipes are 5'. It was a fun day and today will be even better...the 2nd day the courses are even harder and the top guys go to the "shootout" to determine the winner. The shootout course is usually pretty insane. It is hard to believe the extreme abilities of these rigs unless you see it in person...pics never do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Drinking heavily as often as possible...to get in practice...
    Just don't over "train" Dub...we want you to be in 1 piece for that long drive next week. When does your wagon train leave port?

I'm trying to get motivated to clean out the inside of my rodeo. Have to get it cleaned out before I can stuff all my camping and wheeling junk in it. Need to get some wax on the outside too but with the weather we've been getting that probably wont happen.
    --Dave

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    lets see....
    right now im trying to figure out how to compress my springs to fit my Runner in the garage so i can do some work it. thats my mental prep..... im thinkin about getting some rachet straps from the body to the axles and having some people stand on the bumpers....i only need about 3 inches of clearance to get it inside, then i can take the straps off while i work on it.

last things to do before moab-
    install CB
    install bluetooth to my current deck
    install HID's
    vacuum and wipe down interior
    clean and wax exterior

all that is planned for sunday
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    lets see....
    right now im trying to figure out how to compress my springs to fit my Runner in the garage so i can do some work it. thats my mental prep..... im thinkin about getting some rachet straps from the body to the axles and having some people stand on the bumpers....i only need about 3 inches of clearance to get it inside, then i can take the straps off while i work on it.
    Option - "A": Find four VX spares...

Option - "B": Let most of the air out of the tires & roll it in sloooooowly...

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    lets see....
    Beg, borrow or steal a set of low-profile tires just long enough to get it inside. Kind of like the Monster Trucks do when transporting their trucks.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Just don't over "train" Dub...we want you to be in 1 piece for that long drive next week. When does your wagon train leave port?
    No worries Billy, even when behaving badly...at least I'm still behaving...

The troops ought to rally on outta here by 0700 Sat, with a planned arrival time in Moab of...Monday...afternoonish...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Option - "A": Find four VX spares...

Option - "B": Let most of the air out of the tires & roll it in sloooooowly...
    option A is good... i should get 3 more of those and keep em just for getting it into the garage and whatnot...
    option B would be better, but i dont have a compressor here at the house, so it would make it a b*tch to get em rolling again..

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Beg, borrow or steal a set of low-profile tires just long enough to get it inside. Kind of like the Monster Trucks do when transporting their trucks.
    hmm.... would be good if i had more time... maybe ill talk to some friends....

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    There is a pic somewhere on the planet of someones lifted trooper with tiny lopro tires on it so it will fit in the garage. Looked funny as hell. Cant remember whos it was, was gonna post it here lol.

Check craigslist. Might find something cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid
    vacuum and wipe down interior
    clean and wax exterior
    Why are we cleaning and waxing right before driving around in desert dust and possibly mud for a week LOL.

I got unlazy enough today to clean out all the crap inside. Then had enough of that and took it down the street to a full service car wash and paid them to clean and hand wax it haha.

Took me forever to get it all clean last year after moab. Spent a full day cleaning red dust out of every crevice and had to shampoo the seats and headliner, they were ORANGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post

Why are we cleaning and waxing right before driving around in desert dust and possibly mud for a week LOL.
    notice that it was last on the list lol....
    vacuum inside will happen for sure... and by wipe down, i mean by a dry paper towel, ill armor all it when i get home...
    and wax is always a good idea before you put your vehicle into the sun for a week, and much less preventative maintnence against pin-striping.

really, the CB is the very top and first of the list as its the only manditory one. and ill do the bluetooth since im gonna have to take the radio out anyhow.

I hose off my Trooper once or twice a year...I can imagine few things that are more of a waste of time than waxing a vehicle. I have many other time-wasting activities to do...but whatever floats yer boat...
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...