Thread: TX / NM / AZ convoy to Moab

TX / NM / AZ convoy to Moab

Good idea Jack....this thread is for the TX/NM/AZ Moab convoy.

I know Jay & Lisa are out, but has the other TX folks decided on their route thru NM yet? I could meet up with ya'll in Gallup late Sunday morn.
    (Er, um, I guess I shoulda used "all ya'll" since T4B did learnt us a lesson in Southern talk. I gotta start lizennin' to him, he'll learnt me reall good like.)
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I'm not leaving Tucson til early Monday morning...anyone in that time frame is welcome to join.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I'm still planning to leave the Albuquerque area early Sunday morning, so I can meet anywhere within a few hours of there. Also, anyone passing through NM that weekend is welcome to crash at my place if needed. I've got lots of room and it's very scenic!
    ________
    N02 VAPORIZER
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:27 PM

Thumbs up

phines,
    I think we will be going through ABQ Saturday about 4:00 p.m. We don't really want to put you out, but maybe we can do an early dinner somewhere in Cedar Crest as we make it to ABQ. We might push through and make it to Jemez Springs and camp near a great little stream up in the mountains. Is that something you might want to do? I'm just putting it out there.
    Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    When do you plan on getting to Moab? Scott usually gets there on Sunday. I usually camp an extra day near Natural Bridges and drive up on Monday.
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Tom,

Sounds good to me. If you're heading up the the Santa Fe area, North 14 which runs through Cedar Crest is a very scenic drive. Otherwise, we could meet you in ABQ for dinner. Lauren and I are looking forward to meeting everyone!
    ________
    Fetish gay
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:28 PM

Paul,
    I think we are going to do the Pagosa Springs/Sante Fe area on the way back from Moab. I'm thinking we are going to do I40 for the quickest way to ABQ. How close are you to ABQ?

I wouldn't mind checking out Cedar Crest and having a bite to eat in your town. My wife and I plan on retiring somewhere in N.M. in the next 10-15 years, so I always keep my eyes open to cities over there.

Peace.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    (Er, um, I guess I shoulda used "all ya'll" since T4B did learnt us a lesson in Southern talk. I gotta start lizennin' to him, he'll learnt me reall good like.)
    Love you too Sweetie!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Love you too Sweetie!!!
    Right back atcha nutz brother!

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Paul,
    I think we are going to do the Pagosa Springs/Sante Fe area on the way back from Moab. I'm thinking we are going to do I40 for the quickest way to ABQ. How close are you to ABQ?

I wouldn't mind checking out Cedar Crest and having a bite to eat in your town. My wife and I plan on retiring somewhere in N.M. in the next 10-15 years, so I always keep my eyes open to cities over there.

Peace.
    Tom

I work in ABQ and make the 20-minute drive everyday, so no problem there. There's only a 3 or 4 restaurants in Cedar Crest anyway. It's not really a town which means you have to go to ABQ for almost everything. Still, you might want to check out the area... I'm only 35 and I want to retire here!Heck, if the weather is nice, we'll just grill some steaks or burgers at the house. That would give you a chance to see what I'm talking about.
    ________
    vapir oxygen vaporizer
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:28 PM

So how many Texans are now 100% confirmed to be headed to Moab? There's still a really good chance that I'll be able to take the time off and get out there.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Eric you need to get on here more often.......I think there are five of us and possibly six, but larry from houston usually just shows up out there. tom and scott are leaving saturday early early from dallas, and robert from ft worth area is leaving many days before any of us. I am leaving austin saturday to stay the night up in ft worth with a gf and leave like 6am sunday for amarillo to meet jay and his brother!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Smile

Paul,
    Sent you a PM.
    Peace.
    Tom