Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
Houston we have a problem.

http://blogs.westword.com/ontheedge/...ood_canyon.php

We had a little rock slide here in Glenwood Canyon a couple of days ago that has shut I-70 down "indefinitely". The rocks, the largest weighing 66 tons, fell from high up on the cliff and punched some massive holes in the roadway. One of them is still sitting on the upper deck and CDOT (Colorado Department of Transportation) is trying to figure the best way to get it removed. They are probably going to blow it up into smaller pieces and then just shove those over the side. The big problem is that there is another 66+ ton rock tetering on the cliff above that CDOT is looking at prying loose, or blowing up so it falls and does whatever damage it's going to do so they can repair the road once.

I would have to think that they'll have the highway repaired by May, but who knows. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if you have to find an alternate route.
Its crazy, I had planned on getting a new magnaflow exhaust welded in Glenwood Springs on mon-tues but the rockslide blocked me. No way I'm going 4-5 hrs around the interstate. On the + side, one side of the interstate will be opened today allowing east/west bound traffic.

Maybe i'll join the convey once you guys go through the Vail Valley