Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attention California VXers!!!

Attention California VXers!!!

Cece (vxironwoman) and I are coming to California for 2 weeks starting May 16th through the 30th. We would love to see our extended family. We will mostly be around the L.A. area, but are planning a trip up to San Fransisco the 20th-24th. If it is possible to get a meet or meets together SPEAK UP! We won't have either of our Vehi-cri... gonna be cruising the coast on the Harley. We are pretty much making it up as we go along, so post suggestions on where and when to meet and we will try to make it work.

Thanks, Hope to see you soon.

~Gill and Cece

Wait, are you guys going to Moab? Or just driving over after Moab? My schedule is pretty packed for May, but if we can escape to the Bay one weekend, we will try....

Bart

Don't know if you guys are flying or driving/riding over, but if you come through the Denver area let me know and we can meet up for lunch/diner/drinks.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    gill/cece-
    its very likely that ill be in san diego or LA area from may 18th-ish to june 1st.

if you wanna meet up, im down, would be great to see you guys again.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

well i'm always in ventura... i think we should meet up when ur popping through... i think ceecee would be proud of my vx
    i remember the first time we met by the dealerships

i'll keep my eye on this thread
    Richard
    Proud owner of a RWD VX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It looks like an angry snake-bee!" she said

First off... sorry folks, but we are flying out there otherwise we would totally go to Moab.

A little more of a scheduling update. May 21st we're definitely going to be in San Francisco. We are doing the whole Alcatraz night tour thing! YIPPY!!! Be there all day the 21st and 22nd. From there, we are heading to Monterey on the 23rd. No major plans from there other than going south... We like keeping things a little up in the air. These are things we planned for sure and a booked and paid for already.

Jack- Are you going down to San Diego with Jo? I know he will be heading back around the same days you are... If so, I hear a mini-post Moab meet...
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    Jack- Are you going down to San Diego with Jo? I know he will be heading back around the same days you are... If so, I hear a mini-post Moab meet...
    i wasnt planning on it because i wasnt aware he was heading back around the same time. but it would work well for me, i am going to be going to oceanside around the 18th. then possibly visiting the LA area randomly throughout the rest of the month.

im definately gonna send him a PM though and see if he wants to meet up while im down there. and maybe some of the other san diego VX'ers (I obviously would be driving the yeti, not the VX...but it would still be fun)

Update...

Our plan:

16th-19th: We will be in Ventura County, Six Flags Magic Mountain is a must.

Thurs, the 20th is to ride up to the Pinnacles, stopping at various places along the way. A little trip to Hollister, and then on to Sunnyvale.

On Fri, the 21st our only plan is to do the night tour at Alcatraz at 5pm. It departs at 6:10pm if any of you want to join us...

Saturday is completely open and we will be making it up as we go along. (Got any ideas???)

Sunday the 23rd we head down to Monterey and will be staying at a Best Western that's right on the beach!!! Gill's boss said it was a must see place to stop along PCH.

Mon 24th-28th In Ventura County again. No real plans...making it up as we go along

Sat 29th: Kayaking at the Channel Islands.

Sun 30th: We depart out of LAX at 6pm

PM Gill or me with your phone numbers and hopefully we can meet up.

If you are in Monterey, check out the "17-Mile Drive" and Pebble Beach. Some incredible views and INSANE houses that are worth seeing, imo.

Also if you have time, Big Basin Redwoods State Park is well worth the visit.

Bart

If you still have no plans for Saturday the 22nd, I would strongly suggest checking out some of the wineries in Napa and Sonoma. If you're interested then I can recommend some really good ones.

Yes, Napa/Sonoma is awesome. Cafe Citti in Kenwood is a favorite spot.

Bart

next trip

Moving to Nor-Cal this Summer. Army is moving me to Monterey in July from Fort Lewis WA. Keep me in mind for any future meets though once I get settled in!
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled View Post
    Moving to Nor-Cal this Summer. Army is moving me to Monterey in July from Fort Lewis WA. Keep me in mind for any future meets though once I get settled in!
    Doug! Anytime you want to wheel in Reno, come on over!

Bart

The wineries are out... BLECK! Rotten grapes...sweet rotten grapes...earthy rotten grapes...spicy rotten grapes... rotten grapes with rotten pears... rotten grapes with cranberry...Oakey rotten grapes...organic rotten grapes...rotten white grapes... not our idea of a well spent afternoon ... Now rum or vodka... now we're talkin'!!! Puerto Rico/Russia here we come...

We will definitely check out Pebble beach and 17 mile... I've done them, but Gill would love to see all that we can.

Yosemite Tour

Yosemite is a nice side trip from Monterery... I'm about 40 minutes outside of Yosemite Valley. Will be in OC this weekend but back home on Monday. Ping me if you decide to cruise the BIG ROCKS.

Jeff